Villa San Barberino invites outdoor living: you are fabulously well set up with a poolside bar for cold drinks, or for creating a wonderful atmosphere in the evenings, sunset on cue, a little Verdi perhaps through the poolside speakers and maybe some bruschetta and a glass of Chianti in hand. By the side of the house there's a fabulous shady area with big reclining wooden chairs and coffee table. Around the front its set up for al fresco dining with table and chairs that call for long dinners and plenty of chatter deep into the balmy evenings.
Kitchen: Oozes charm, but despite its farmhouse appeal comes with the right appliances and facilities to make any cook at home. There's a drinks fridge as well as a larder fridge, a dishwasher, good quality espresso and latte machine and an antique stone sink. The cooker is large with a double oven with griddle and hotplates. It sits in the stunning fireplace opposite an antique dresser. There's an informal kitchen table for cosy meals and double doors open conveniently onto the front terrace and pergola area where guests can enjoy a glass of wine or dine watching the sun go down.
Dining Room: An arched passageway from the kitchen leads into the dining area, double doors lead out into the shaded pergola and pizza room, then out onto the gardens and pool.The extending dining table seats up to 24 guests.
Living Room: At the back of the house and with arched doors overlooking spectacular views is the double height living room. During the day light filters through the latticework of bricks that form the upper walls. There's a stunning copper fireplace surrounded by deep comfortable sofas where guests can relax, listen to music, chat or watch something on the home cinema system. Above the living room is a mezzanine level with a half sized pool table.
Pizza Room: As the name suggests, this is the room with the wood burning pizza oven and an indoor BBQ, and stone sink. Two sides of the room have glass windows and seats overlooking the pool and views. It's an area that can be accessed from the side patios and is great for relaxed family meals in winter or summer.
All bedrooms are air conditioned (with the option of under floor heating) and come with en suite bathrooms with a combination of spectacular baths and showers. On the ground floor one of the bedrooms connects into a spa area with sauna, mosaic tiled steam room and a sunken Jacuzzi. There's Wi-Fi throughout and Sky TV with some English channels.
- Bedroom 1: Master, with king-size bed, sitting room area, en suite bathroom with oval whirlpool bath, low level lighting and fabulous views
- Bedroom 2: with king-size bed, en suite bathroom with double basins and large light shower, enormous working fireplace, own balcony with separate entrance with stairs down to the gardens
- Bedroom 3: with king-size bed, en suite bathroom with low beamed ceiling, roll top bath and views across the estate
- Bedroom 4: with king-size bed, en suite bathroom with antique stone basin and shower
- Bedroom 5: with king-size bed, en suite bathroom with a spa area with sauna, mosaic tiled steam room and sunken Jacuzzi; inside the bedroom there's a wood burning stove and a seating area. A small doorway leads out into a private garden area facing the Chianti hills. There's also a separate second WC. Doors lead into the living areas.
The views: Sublime views over quintessential Tuscan landscape.
The gardens: The villa is set on a 100 acre estate. Lawned gardens with cypress trees and a fabulous sun deck area and pool bar. Gravelled terraces, pergolas and al fresco dining.
Why we like it? A wonderfully characterful property, stone built with incredible views, with one of Tuscany's most beautiful private infinity pools and a host of brilliant facilities from Wi-Fi to spa.
Nota bene: There is a drop by the pool. Small children should not be unsupervised.
For first-hand information on Villa San Barberino and to check availability, please contact Chiara Guidi on +44 (0)1242 787817. If you are calling from the USA, please call 1 855 468 5555.