Mozambique's Vamizi Island is truly paradise found: an island bordered by white sandy beaches, dotted with palm trees and drenched in sunshine. Luxury here is defined by simple pleasures rather than the ubiquitous five star tick-list, with rarefied delights such as the feeling of fine, warm sand beneath your toes, and the sound of gentle waves lapping the shore. The staff are very accommodating, welcoming us to their untainted little corner of the world and teaching us all about the rich sea-life, which is arguably is the best in the world. Dhow-trips to go fishing and snorkelling can be organised, and castaway picnics are a must!
- Couples & families with children of all ages
- Scuba divers and snorkellers
- Private parties
THINGS TO DO AT THE PROPERTY:
- Relax on some of the world's most beautiful beaches
- Ask the staff to organise a castaway picnic for you
- Enjoy a bespoke yoga massage, reflexology or a heated herbal stone massage, using ingredients only grown on Vamizi
- Dine under lantern light and enjoy some of the freshest fish around
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore the seas and go scuba diving in some spectacular dive sites
- Go snorkelling, whale watching or kayaking
- Go big-game fishing for wahoo, yellowfish tuna and even sailfish and marlin with some incredibly knowledgeable fishermen
- Explore the village of Vamizi and learn about their traditional way of life
- Wander the miles of sandy white beaches or venture into the bush to go monkey or bird watching.