Accommodation at The Cove, Eleuthera ranges from one-, two- and three-bedroom Suites and Cottages to Beachfront Villas, some with ocean views, some with garden views, and all close to the hilltop pool, spa and gourmet restaurant. Design in minimalist, with clean lines and warm wood accents. The Oceanfront Villas, overlooking South Beach, are particularly lovely, featuring furnishings inspired by Donna Karan, spacious living areas and vast floor-to-ceiling glass doors which open onto a private deck. If you’re after more privacy, the Cottages, tucked away among Kamalame trees, are the ones to go for. For larger groups, the three-bedroom Villa Donecio and Villa Savoie come with a private butler, private pool and full kitchen. No matter your choice, all accommodations are equipped with luxury bath amenities, flat screen televisions, king-sized beds, Nespresso makers and individual air temperature controls.
The Cove Eleuthera is primarily a couples resort, however children are welcome and the three bedroom villa with private pool is ideal for families with older children. Watersports such as snorkelling, kayaking and stand-up paddleboards are available on the beach but there is no Kids Club at the resort. There are also myriad things to do outside the resort: pick up a picnic and explore the island by bike or hire one of the resort’s Jeeps and discover Eleuthera’s many landmarks, including the famous Glass Window Bridge, one of the few places in the world where you can see the choppy, dark blue waters of the Atlantic on one side of the road and the calm, turquoise Caribbean on the other. Older children are likely to be more impressed by Ocean Hole, a large swimming hole a mile inland, teeming with tropical fish and inquisitive turtles.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
A spectacular wedding site on a point surrounded by the turquoise ocean, luxurious accommodation and the exclusivity offered by the resort’s intimate size create an unforgettable setting for your special day. The Cove also has a dedicated wedding consultant who works with couples to ensure that each ceremony is unique. Honeymooners looking for seclusion should pay a visit to the aptly named Lovers Beach, about a mile from The Cove, on the Atlantic side of the island. Or borrow a kayak and potter along the shore, exploring mangroves, flats and deserted coves. In the evening, meander along the path lit by tiki torches to The Point Bar and order a champagne cocktail for two.
- The Cove Spa offers signature wellness massages, traditional Thai sessions to shiatsu.=
- 24-hour fitness centre
- Complimentary water sport facilities, such as kayaks, snorkel gear and paddle boards
- Hill-top infinity pool with sublime views
- Move and game room for private viewings or games of pool
- Free bicycle hire to get around on the resort and island
OUT & ABOUT
- Rent a private boat for a day and explore the turquoise waters of the Bahamas
- Snorkel in pristine waters while hunting for Lionfish to protect the island’s coral reefs. Eat them yourselves afterwards!
- Together with a professional chef, go conch diving for an authentic Bahamian culinary adventure
- Go reef or deep sea fishing with a local guide
- Visit neighbouring Harbour Island with its four kilometres of pink sand beach, celebrity-dripping restaurants and charming collection of shops
- Visit the Glass Window Bridge
- See stalagmites and stalactites in Hatchet Bay Caves
- Swim in the Blue Hole
- Conch diving on a private boat charter
WINE & DINE
- Sustainable produce and vegetables from the resort’s own gardens
- Signature ocean-front restaurant features a sushi bar
- American and Asian cuisine in Gregory Town Grill
- Handcrafted cocktails, beer and wine in The Point Bar on the bluff
- Private dining