Selected by 'The New York Times' as one of the 7 most luxurious Villas in the Caribbean, Shogun provides the ultimate in Caribbean living. This tranquil 5-acre estate rests harmoniously within its hilltop surroundings, 300 feet above Britannia Bay. Shogun was designed by Mustique's leading architect, Arne Hasselqvist, combining Japanese themes of tranquility and visual harmony. The house has been totally refurbished in the past three years but the Zen-like, harmonious Japanese theme continues. Islands Magazine in 2010 voted Shogun one their 'Top Ten Best Island Villas' in the world describing it as a 'perfection of proportion, precision and position.'
The main, five-bedroom house at Shogun comprises a linked series of Japanese pavilions, each exquisitely decorated in its own individual style. All the bedrooms have their own verandah and are grouped around a landscaped koi pond and flanked by a large, crescent-shaped infinity swimming pool. The dining pavilion extends out over the koi pond, which is torch-lit by night to make evening meals an unforgettable experience.
There are numerous sun-decks and shady areas for reading and relaxing. The house has been positioned so that it catches Mustique's pleasant trade breezes.
A short walk across the tropical gardens reveals Little Shogun, beautifully decorated, with all amenities and cascading pools and relaxation areas. The latest addition is Traveller's Tree Cottage, less than a minute's walk from the house, suitable for children or teenagers or additional staff.
Shogun's powerboat, 'Love Struck', accommodates up to 14 passengers. Guests at Shogun have priority over its use and may reserve 'Love Struck' for up to 20 hours per week at a 50% discount. Love Struck is 36 ft long with twin Suzuki 250 horsepower engines. It is fully equipped for sea and sport fishing or island-hopping and is under the command of Kelly, an experienced full time Captain. There is an additional dinghy for occasional use with 'Love Struck' when exploring the harbours, beaches, waterfalls, reefs and inlets of neighbouring islands.
- Bedroom 1: King, AC, En-suite with Dressing, Shower, Bath Tub, Basin & WC
- Bedroom 2: King, AC, En-suite with Dressing, Shower, Bath Tub, Basin & WC
- Bedroom 3: King, AC, En-suite with Dressing, Shower, Basin & WC
- Bedroom 4: King, AC, En-suite with Dressing, Shower, Basin & WC
- Bedroom 5: King, AC, En-suite with Dressing, Shower, Basin & WC
- Bedroom 6: Twin, AC, En-suite Dressing, Shower, Double Basin & WC
- Bedroom 7: Twin, AC, En-suite Dressing, Shower, Double Basin & WC
TRAVELLERS TREE COTTAGE
- Bedroom 8: Twin, AC, En-suite Dressing, Shower, Basin & WC
- Bedroom 9: Twin, AC, En-suite Dressing, Shower, Basin & WC