The winding backroads of the Côte d'Azur take a pause before their onward climb to the high Alps in the village of Opio. The style of the villa, set close to the village is classical: traditionally and comfortably furnished and decorated with a blend of carefully curated artwork and antique curiosities.
Bedrooms are comfortable and each has a private bathroom; additionally the master bedroom on the ground floor is air-conditioned, has 'his and hers' bathrooms and opens through French windows onto the surrounding terrace. A separate double room on the first floor has independent access via an external stone staircase, and air-conditioning. The overall sense of spaciousness is enhanced with additional accommodation in an adjacent guest cottage where a further two rooms with bathrooms have access to the pool-side terrace.
- Bedroom 1 with king-size bed with air-conditioning and his and hers en suite bathrooms
- Bedroom 2 with a single bed with en suite shower
External stone steps to:
- Bedroom 3 with king/twin with air-conditioning and en suite shower
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds and adjacent shower room
- Bedroom 5 with twin beds, en suite bathroom with bath and shower and access to terrace
Gardens: well kept gardens surround the house with lemon trees growing in terracotta pots and jasmine flowering on the outdoor terraces. Beyond the lawn areas an olive orchard runs to the perimeter of the property grounds.
Views: from the terraces look over the surrounding gardens and olive orchard to the Esterel mountains.
Why we like it: for the perfectly tranquil setting with awe-inspiring vista, as well as the property's spacious layout and pleasing decor.