Several golf courses are available locally including Opio and the Royal Mougins Club, both just a short drive away. A tennis club is nearby and the charming villages and restaurants of the arriere-pays, including Valbonne, Mougins and St Paul de Vence, are within easy reach.
Perched on a hillside with far-reaching views over the plain of Grasse to the Mediterranean Sea in the distance, this spacious 18th century Bastide is surrounded by landscaped gardens, olives and orange orchards. Thick stone walls provide constant cool temperatures inside and colonial ceiling fans a gentle breeze in every room. Rural charm abounds, including warm Provençal colours and oak-beamed ceilings, and yet the Bastide is just a short distance from the beaches and vibrancy of the Cote d'Azur.
Several bedroom windows look out over the surrounding grounds, a neatly presented mix of olive groves and citrus trees, whilst others glimpse the sparkling Mediterranean Sea. Broad dining terraces surround the house, suitable for outdoor dining and even gatherings for larger groups. A summer pool house with drinks and outdoor dining options leads to a large 15m heated swimming pool. Enjoy a game of table tennis or basketball with the children, or a French twist, try a game of boules, a much-cherished Provençal past-time, often played with a glass of pastis in hand.
- Enter through tall wooden doors to find yourself in a spacious, bright hallway with the ceiling stretching up to the full height of the next floor.
- Elegant living area with an open fireplace and large, comfortable couches.
- Dining room
- Outside sitting area under arches shaded from the hot sun with Indonesian and Moroccan furniture - an ideal retreat from the mid-day sun or evening aperitif with a chilled glass of rosé.
- Entertainment room and study with fireplace. Flat screen TV offering Freeview and a DVD player.
- Large, Provençal style kitchen with wooden beams and fully equipped. Spacious cave/pantry with large wine fridge. It has a range style double oven (gas and electric), two dishwashers, a microwave, an American fridge/freezer and a state of the art espresso machine.
- Terrace outside kitchen for enjoying breakfast in the sun.
- Bedroom 1: The magnificent master suite is large with a super king-size bed and an ensuite bath and shower. Enjoy the view from here across the olive trees and to the Mediterranean!
- Bedroom 2: A double with an ensuite shower-room and wc. The glorious view from this bedroom can be appreciated from the bed or the shower.
- Bedroom 3: A double with an antique four-poster double bed. Just next to this room is a bath with shower attachment and wc.
- There is also a large utility room with full facilities for washing and drying clothes.
Connect from the main house to discover a large extension to the main house. Enter into another high ceilinged room with sliding doors onto the outdoor seating area. Large seating and dining area with fully fitted summer kitchen - oven, dishwasher, hob, American fridge/freezer, and large gas and coal barbecue.
Steps lead up to a mezzanine conceived as a TV room with a flatscreen TV and DVD player. An open-fire allows you to take the chill out of the air on a balmy spring or autumn evening.
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds with ensuite bathroom and large walk-in shower. Small patio with a view over the gardens and across to the Mediterranean sea.
- Bedroom 5: Double with ensuite bathroom and large walk-in shower. Sliding patio doors that open directly to the pool.
As the main house is built in stone it remains cool in the summer. All bedrooms benefit from ceiling fans.
Set back from the main house behind a stone wall is a completely independent, air-conditioned apartment overlooking olive trees and neighboring villages. Equipped with a kitchenette and one bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 6: Twin beds, with shared bathroom with shower and Air-conditioning
- Bedroom 7: Double bed, shared bathroom with shower and Air-conditioning