The fortified village-perchée of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, beloved of Matisse and Braque, commands the foothills of the Alpes-Maritimes. In an olive grove at its foot nestles a retreat exuding the tranquility of that era. Already a long-standing favourite in the region, the recent extensive renovation of Domaine du Mas de Pierre has only raised the hotel's charms to new and magnificent levels. Levels of luxury that define the Relais & Chateaux group now pervade the hotel's 76 rooms and suites, all blessed with a private terrace or balcony, and which are divided between nine individual and refined bastides (one of these reserved for adults only). In newly opened Prestige wing, lavish suites boast both ground floor and first floor terraces, in addition to outdoor Jacuzzis.
The Domaine's spa has undergone a similar upgrade, expanded and lavished with attention which has transformed it into a state-of-the-art wellness area, spread across two levels and offering a refined swimming pool, multiple steam rooms and hammam spaces, a snow cave and cabins for balneotherapy.
- Couples and families
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
- Lovers of Provençal landscapes and art
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Recline by the swimming pool under the shade of a white draped arbour
- While away hours in spa enjoying the hammam, steam rooms and whirlpool baths
- Explore the fragrant gardens and orchards
- Deposit the children at the Kids Club where they can frolic in the Alice In Wonderland playground
- Watch the sun set over the St Paul hills with a kir royale.
- Dine al fresco on the Provençal specialities of chef Emmanuel Lehrer
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Wander the cobbled streets of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, perusing antique shops and galleries
- Dine at La Colombe d'Or, its walls hung with works by Miró, Léger and Bonnard
- Play a spot of tennis at the nearby courts, or set out on a relaxing e-bike ride
- Dive down to Cannes for shopping and beach life of unparalleled glamour
- Embark upon a hiking or mountain biking adventure in the Alpes Maritimes
- Visit the Chapelle du Rosaire in Vence, decorated by Henri Matisse
- Play golf on one of several courses drenched in Riviera sunshine
- Visit Fondation Maeght's unique collection of modern art above Saint-Paul