Set in the charming Alpilles town of Les Baux de Provence, the Baumanière has welcomed a steady stream of writers, painters, monarchs and celebrities through its doors since its creation at the end of World War II. Decades later, this gastronomic gem continues to offer unsurpassed standards of cuisine and accommodation to its legions of fans. There are now two restaurants: L'Oustau de Baumanière has 2 Michelin stars and here the menu blends subtle, 'pure' cuisine with creative flair.
Alternatively, eat in La Cabro d'Or serving a range of delightful regional dishes in the restaurant or al fresco. Immaculately appointed with impeccable contemporary style and authentic charm, the 56 rooms and suites are split between five historic dwellings: l'Oustau, la Guigou, Flora, Carita and le Manoir, the latter two each with their own private pool.
- Children welcome
Things to do at the property:
- Swim in the main pool, built over 60 years ago
- Browse the hotel boutique
- Pamper yourself in Spa Baumanière, complete with Hammam, fitness studio and sensory pool
- Wander the delightful gardens and olive groves
- Bikes available to hire at reception
- Cooking classes are held on Saturday mornings throughout the year
Things to do nearby:
- Two golf courses situated within just a few kilometres
- Hiking in the Alpilles
- Explore the fortress and Val d'Enfer of Les Baux
- See Daudet's windmill in Fontvieille
- The Roman sites of Nimes and Arles, not forgetting the famous Pont du Gard
- Avignon's Palais des Papes
- Le Manoir annexe is situated 900 metres from the main 'Oustau' building, close to the Spa Baumanière.
- La Guigou is 500 metres away from the main 'Oustau' building. With just five rooms, this annexe is perfect for private family gatherings.