Boasting majestic views over the Desert des Agriates and the Gulf of St Florent from its hillside village position lies U Palazzu Serenu, a 300-year-old nobleman's house set in verdant lawns and staggered sun terraces lining the inviting swimming pool. Offering just six spacious, airy rooms and three suites, this intimate hotel has been immaculately transformed into a Florentine-inspired palace, its classic Italianate style offset by a complimenting yet contrasting collection of contemporary art and sculptures.
Dining is an inspired affair; chef Gilles Escaffe trained with Alain Ducasse and serves a varied menu rich in Corsican flavours and traditional French flair, accompanied by an excellent wine list. There are also a number of excellent restaurants in the village, a short walk away.
- Food lovers
- Those seeking privacy and seclusion
Things to do at the property:
- Dine at the intimate restaurant
- Sunbathe on the swimming pool terrace
- Treatment rooms for massage and reflexology
Things to do nearby:
- Tour the beaches and villages of Cap de Corse
- Beaches and boat trips at St. Florent, the St. Tropez of Corsica
- A multitude of watersports: sailing, diving, kayaking, windsurfing and jetskiing along the northern and eastern shores
- Hiking, canyoning, paragliding, rock climbing and quad biking can also be arranged
- Golf at Borgo or Speloncato
Nota bene: There is no car park at the hotel. Parking is available either along the road or 100 metres from the hotel in a free public car park.