The owners of Chateau d’Estoublon, Valérie and Remy Reboul wanted to create their vision of ‘slow luxury’ when bringing this grand dame of a property back to life. Valérie’s philosophy is that ‘luxury is exquisite, exclusive and unapologetically slow’ and this is typified at every turn throughout the property and estate. From the attentive service provided by the full complement of staff, who welcome guests like long-lost family members, to the sumptuously refined interiors and manicured gardens, this is a Provencal paradise without rival.
Surrounded by several hundred acres of wine and olive oil producing land as well as woodland, parkland and a private lake, the interiors of the chateau feature hand-painted silks by De Gournay and wallpaper by Christian Lacroix. Elegant yet relaxed, the English style bar and dining spaces provide venues for dinners and celebrations, with a butler or wine waiter on hand to cater to every whim.
Overlooking the rose garden, the chateau provides guests with numerous places to relax indoors, notably with the billiards room, hammam, gymnasium and cinema on the upper floors, all accessible by an elevator. Each of the ten bedrooms has been individually designed, with some reflecting the hunting background of the chateau, yet also with a playful nod to the owner’s family who founded the Breitling watch company. All rooms are provided with minibars, safes, TV, Nespresso machine and hotel style amenities and linen of the highest quality.
The 500 acres of grounds, comprised of award winning olive groves and renowned vines, also include a small chapel, boules court and a heated 20m swimming pool and the option of arriving by helicopter. Set conveniently in the heart of Provence between Les Baux de Provence and Maussane les Alpilles, with Arles, St Remy de Provence and Eygalieres within close proximity, a professional team of staff are on hand to ensure a carefree, bespoke experience of the very finest quality.
- La Roseraie (57m2) – Queen size bed, dressing room, bathroom with walk-in shower.
- Les Oiseaux (87m2) – King size bed, dressing room, bathroom with bathtub/shower, private terrace.
- Les Papillons (38m2) – King size bed, dressing area, walk-in shower.
- La Cavaliere (62m2) – King size bed, dressing area, bathroom with walk-in shower.
- L’Horloger (47m2) – Queen size bed – dressing area, bathroom with bathtub/shower.
- La Chasse (45m2) – Queen size bed, bathroom with walk-in shower, suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- La Suite Familiale:
- Parent’s Room (43m2) – Queen size bed, bathroom with tub and shower.
- Children’s Room (20m2) – two single beds.
- La Suite Duo:
- L’Olivade (17m2) – Queen size bed
- L'Estouble (17m2) – Queen size bed, bathroom with shower. The Suite Duo is perfectly suited to older children or accompanying staff.