The interiors of the chateau are sumptuously refined and feature hand-painted silks by De Gournay and wallpaper by Christian Lacroix. There is a room for every mood with an English style bar, a large formal sitting room, a library-billiard room, three dining rooms, a meeting room and even a cinema room for chilled movie nights. The chateau’s grand salon is beautifully lit with French windows opening onto a terrace overlooking a bed of fragrant roses and the west facing terrace catches the best light throughout the day.
The property is air conditioned for added comfort and is also securely fenced and features indoor and outdoor security cameras for extra peace of mind.
Each of the ten bedrooms has been individually designed, with some reflecting the hunting background of the chateau, yet also with a playful nod to the owner’s family who founded the Breitling watch company. All rooms are provided with minibars, safes, a TV, a Nespresso machine, hotel style amenities and linen of the highest quality.
- 60m² entrance hall
- English style bar with dining and lounge space (94m²)
- Three spacious dining rooms (40m², 40m² and 28m²)
- Separate WC
- Two terraces, one north-facing, one west-facing
- Service entrance
- Large kitchen
- Fridge and cold room
- Grand salon (66m²)
- Library and billiard room (39m²)
- Laundry room
- Bedroom 1: La Roseraie (57m²) – Double bedroom with queen size bed, dressing room and bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 2: Les Oiseaux (87m²) – Double bedroom with king size bed, dressing room, bathroom with bath/shower and private sitting room and terrace
- Bedroom 3: Les Papillons (38m²) – Double bedroom with king size bed, dressing area and walk-in shower
- Cinema room (25m²)
- Fitness room (25m²)
- Spa facilities (massage room and hammam)
- Bedroom 4: La Cavaliere (62m²) – Double bedroom with king size bed, dressing area and bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 5: L’Horloger (47m²) – Double bedroom with queen size bed, dressing area and bathroom with bath/shower
- Bedroom 6: La Chasse (45m²) – Double bedroom with queen size bed, and bathroom with walk-in shower, suitable for guests with reduced mobility
- Bedrooms 7 & 8 - La Suite Familiale:
- Parent’s Room (43m²) – Double bedroom with queen size bed and bathroom with bath and shower
- Children’s Room (20m²) – two single beds
- Bedrooms 9 & 10 - La Suite Duo (perfectly suited to older children or accompanying staff):
- L’Olivade (17m²) – Double bedroom with queen size bed
- L'Estouble (17m²) – Double bedroom with queen size bed and bathroom with shower.
WHY WE LIKE IT: A historic venue redefined for the modern client, the Chateau d'Estoublon is elegant yet relaxed and its privacy makes for a great place to detach from the busyness of everyday life