There is a timeless quality to the picture: vineyards, lavender fields, truffle trees and dense forests. The nearby town of Montélimar attracts visitors for its world famous nougat, Nyons has renowned fruit orchards and olive groves, and Valreas produces fine wines.
A nine bedroom estate with nearly all en suite bathrooms, this unique 18th century castle is a perfect retreat for history lovers who want to discover a fascinating pocket of Provence from the luxury of an authentic chateau.
- Grand salon open onto spacious terrace
- Well equipped kitchen
- Dining room with fireplace
- Second living area suitable for seminars and events
- Third smaller living area
- Guest WC
- Tennis court in grounds
- Bedroom 1: Two single beds easily accessible from the terrace. Separate WC but needs to share bathroom upstairs.
- Bedroom 2: Double bed (can be twin), shares bathroom with bedroom 3
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed, shared bathroom with bedroom 2.
- Bedroom 4: Double bed with en-suite bathroom, separate WC.
- Bedroom 5: Double bed with en-suite bathroom, separate WC.
- Bedroom 6: Two single beds, shared bathroom.
- Bedroom 7: Queen size, shares bathroom with bedroom 5, access to this room is through bedroom 6.
- Bedroom 8: Double bed, bathroom on the intermediary level
- Bedroom 9: Two single beds, suitable for teenagers and children.
Gardens: Vast lawns where children can roam freely, with many beautiful Provençal plants and fragrant flowers.
Views: Rolling fields dotted with sheep, an inviting swimming pool and extensive gardens.
Why we like it: An authentic castle with a rich history that lets adults and children experience the pleasures of the region.