Looking out from the wisteria-shaded breakfast terrace at the Mas Michel, across leafy vines and row after row of lavender, one is quickly transported to a world where life runs at a slower, more traditional pace.
Guests may languish in the rose-scented gardens, dipping in and out of the pool, occasionally retreating to a shaded corner with a good book and maybe a glass of the estate's rosé. Accommodation is comfortable, practical and spaciously arranged, divided between the main house, with five bedrooms, and a guest cottage with one more bedroom. In addition to the formal dining area in the main house, there are several delightful outdoor terraces for dining al fresco. The main terrace is well-positioned off the kitchen, with views over the estate; a second terrace, near the pool, is well-lit for longer evening meals. The swimming pool, which is a salt water pool and can be heated, measures 12 x 6m.
Lower ground floor
- Bedroom 1: king-size bed with adjacent bathroom with bath, access to terrace
- Bedroom 2: twin bedroom
- Separate shower room
- Seating area and access to the outside areas
- Living areas with kitchen, study, and access to breakfast terrace
- Bedroom 3: king-size bed with en suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 4: double bed with en suite bathroom, shower over bath
- Bedroom 5: double bed with en suite bathroom, walk-in shower
Guest cottage with 1 bedroom (available at supplementary cost):
- Bedroom 6: double bed
- Bathroom with tub
- Small kitchen area and access to terrace
Gardens: Immediately around the property are well-tended gardens, rose-filled borders, an herb garden and several lawn areas. There is a children's play area, with swings, in the field next to the house.
Views: From the main terrace and upper floor bedrooms views extend uninterrupted over the estate's vineyards and lavender fields to the Luberon National Park.
Why we like it: For simple relaxation amongst the vineyards and orchards of this spectacular region as well as its proximity to scenic Bonnieux, with narrow cobbled streets and variety of restaurants.