Along a charming limestone drive lined by plane trees and a rushing stream below lies one of the most tranquil settings in the heart of the Luberon. This 10th century windmill is ideal for families and large groups. A 40-minute fitness trail has been created on the property, spanning the 9 hectares of woodlands, fruit orchards and open prairies.
Exterior features include a pool house in the renovated windmill, petanques court, table tennis and numerous al fresco dining areas shaded by oak and fragrant lime trees. Interiors are a harmonious blend of antiques sourced from world travels and traditional Provençal design; terracotta flooring, exposed wooden beams and local pottery. A spacious family lounge with views over the running cascade below, with an open fireplace and voluminous couches, offer a cozy area of respite from the hot Provençal sun. A smoking room with French doors and private terrace overlooks the charming gardens. A second lounge area with comfortable couches, open fire place and music system provides another room for independent guests. The bright kitchen is equipped with a Lacanche oven, separate pizza oven and two fridges. Fabulous food and wine are central to the Provence experience and local open-air markets are located only minutes away from the Moulin des Sources.
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom with freestanding bath
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed and en suite bathroom with shower. View on garden and waterfall below.
- Bedroom 4: King size bed and en suite bathroom with bath. Private terrace with independent access to garden and cascade.
- Bedroom 5: Master bedroom with super king size bed and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Spacious walk-in closet.
- Bedroom 6: Bunk beds with separate bath, double sinks and WC
- Bedroom 7: Twin beds with separate bath, double sinks and WC. Baby crib, library, numerous toys.
- Bedroom 8: Independent stone cottage in garden. Queen size bed with en suite bathroom and shower. Terraces on both sides.
The views: Leafy plane trees, open fields and fruit orchards.
Why we like it: A family property where all ages can gather comfortably, yet enjoy their independence. One of the most tranquil locations in the heart of the Luberon, yet conveniently located minutes from village life.