Driving along the quiet country roads in this region of Provence is a real pleasure. Let your gaze be drawn to the mysterious structures that are perched on the mountainside. These ancient remnants of the monastery of Thouzon, once belonging to Benedictine monks, set the dramatic backdrop for your drive home.
This 17th century relay post has been lovingly restored with an utmost respect for traditional techniques. Regional tiles and exposed wooden beams give the place character. There is even a beam in this Provençal villa with the year 1677 carved into it!
- Large dining area with exposed beams and bright windows overlooking garden.
- A Semi-professional kitchen with island and spacious wooden dining table.
- Sitting room with a spacious handcrafted open fireplace overlooking gardens.
- All bedrooms South-facing.
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed with en suite bathroom with shower overlooking garden and pool.
- Bedroom 2: Twin bed (king size) with en suite bathroom with shower overlooking garden and pool.
Bedrooms accessed by a second stairway:
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed with en suite bathroom with shower. View on castle of Thouzon.
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed with en suite bathroom with shower. Desk and gorgeous view over the garden.
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed with en suite bathroom and direct private access from terrace.
- Bedroom 6: Independent bedroom. Private entrance from terrace. King size bed. En suite bathroom.
Gardens: 3 acres of open lawns with fruit and olive trees. Fragrant lavender and herb plants such as rosemary and thyme line the courtyard.
Views: A peaceful landscape with stunning views onto an ancient fortified monastery 'Le Chateau de Thouzon' in the distance.
Why we like it: Only minutes away from the vibrant market town of Isle Sur La Sorgue and 15 minutes to the famous vineyards of Chateauneuf-du-Pape and the walled city of Avignon.