Villa Saint Exupéry, located in the heart of Oppède le Vieux, is a perfect holiday retreat for those looking to stay in the middle of a picturesque village with easy walking access to a charming restaurant and café. Simply strolling through the cobbled streets and alleyways, admiring the unique architecture of the castle, ancient ramparts and arcade is an enjoyable journey back in time. A perfect base to take advantage of the region's rich history and culture. The cities of Avignon and Aix-en-Provence are an easy 45 minute drive, but the magic of the hilltop villages nearby may entice you to spend your time exploring the local area.
This elegant village house provides five bedrooms decorated with great style. Pale matt tones inspire a calm atmosphere. Some bedrooms provide stunning views over the ancient village nearby while the two lower level bedrooms have direct access to a private courtyard with a table, fountain and shaded by palm trees.
- Bedroom 1: Queen bed and en suite bathroom with shower. Portable AC unit. Large, bright windows provide a 360 degree view onto ancient chapel and castle.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds. Ideal for children with view on village.
- Separate bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed and en suite bathroom with bath.
- Living room
- Kitchenette equipped with stove, fridge and small dining area.
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed and direct access to private terrace.
- Bedroom 5: Queen bed. Overlooking terrace with courtyard, palm tree, table and fountain.
Gardens: No garden, but villa overlooking olive groves. Well maintained plants and pots of fragrant herbs such as rosemary and laurier. Trees provide shade.
Views: A dramatic view onto the ruins of the medieval castle and church clinging to the mountain's façade in the distance.
Why we like it: The owners have retained all of the charm and authenticity of this Provençal village house located in the heart of one of the Luberon's most picturesque villages.