Overlooking the rolling vineyards of the Duras, the Jolie Maison enjoys 360 degree views of the surrounding picturesque countryside. An area renowned for its wine and gastronomy, the ancient neighbouring bastide towns of Montsegur and Duras host weekly markets and offer a good selection of cafes, bars and restaurants, whilst further afield, for the serious wine connoisseurs, is the renowned Bordeaux region, home of the world heritage sites of Bordeaux and St Emilion, and an indulgence of world class chateaux and vineyards.
There are plenty of local activities from cycling and kayaking to an excellent golf course nearby, whilst for those seeking the sea, the Bassin d’Arcachon boasts a long sandy coastline with a choice of beach resorts, and the Dune de Pyla, the highest sand dune in Europe.
This stylish but unpretentious country house has been simply furnished, with accommodation suitable for up to twelve guests across six bedrooms, each with its own en suite bathroom. Surrounded by extensive mature gardens, there is a large salt water pool and sun terrace, from which to enjoy the bucolic hill top views. Suitable for young children
- Open-plan living and dining area
- Open-plan fully-equipped kitchen
- Guest bathroom
- Living Room with open fire
- Laundry room
- Bedroom 3 King with en suite shower
- Bedroom 4 King with en suite shower
- Bedroom 5 King with en suite shower
- Bedroom 6 Twin with en suite bathroom (children’s room)
- Bedroom 1 King with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2 King with en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: A lovely, spacious well-presented family property equipped for small children, and comfortably furnished with spectacular views from the pool and terraces.