Considered by some as the last truly 'secret' region of France, travel over panoramic passes and green ridges on the trail of the mysterious Cathars, a religious sect who sought refuge in the perched castles and fortified towns still dotting the countryside today inn the foothills of the Pyrénées. Discover Le Clos des Vignes, a former wine cave transformed into a luxurious retreat set on 120 stunning acres. Resurrected as an expansive country home with large, bright spaces, the interior design pays tribute to the surrounding landscape of lavender fields and thyme, both fantastic medicinal plants. Every detail - marble and cream colored rooms, coppery fixtures, and elegant fabrics were chosen to respects the colors found in the natural environment and provide guests with sumptuous comfort.
On the first floor four en-suite bedrooms encircle the immense open-plan living room where guests can gather in the warmth of the sunny atrium with its superb views of the landscape. For stay-at-home entertainment, you'll find a fumoir cinema room. A fully-equipped professional kitchen awaits your culinary adventures and the indoor bar area becomes a perfect pre-dinner meeting spot. Outside, the garden wing provides a sheltered courtyard, with dining area and outdoor chimney barbecue - ideal for grilling your sardines infused with thyme from the garden. Follow the terrace to the private gardens with a large heated pool and an all-weather tennis court.
- Bedroom 1: Master Double (Emperor size bed) bedroom with ensuite bathroom with free standing bath, dressing room and study
- Bedroom 2: Double Super-King size bedroom with bath and walk-in shower en-suite
- Bedroom 3: Double Super-King size bedroom with bath and walk-in shower en-suite
- Bedroom 4: Twin with shower room en-suite
- Bedroom 5: Double Super-King size with shower room en-suite
- Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom with shower room en-suite
GUEST COTTAGE (suitable for extra guests or staff)
- Bedroom 7: Double bedroom
- Bedroom 8: Double bedroom.
- Shared shower room and kitchenette.