Following a wine aficionado's guide through France, you would undoubtedly discover the 'Pays de Bergerec', a privileged territory boasting some of the country's best wines. The region opens wide its doors to admirers of generous and preserved nature, culinary explorers and people willing to let the stones tell you it's tales. Built over 400 years ago, during the reign of King Louis XIV, this Perigordian chateau has maintained its original features, some crafted by the same artisan who completed many of the rooms at Versailles.
Outside the gorgeous castle you have 32 acres of gardens, woodlands and tended grounds to explore, offering mature orchards to gorge on fresh fruit on a hot summer's day. Three outside eating areas: one benefitting from sun all day, the second shaded by lime trees and ideal for afternoon tea, the third by the pool makes the perfect spot to enjoy luncheons and late dinners.
Not far from this luxury villa in the Dordogne countryside is the medieval village of Issigeac (about a 10-minute drive from the villa), visit on a Sunday morning and browse one of the ‘best’ open markets in the region, see the recently restored 15th century cathedral and have lunch at one of the excellent restaurants (our favourite ‘La Bruceliere’) before returning to the villa to enjoy the spectacular Dordogne sunset.
The heated pool at the villa offers exquisitely luxurious towels, sun loungers and tables to pass the entire day by the water. For the health conscious, there is a professional indoor yoga studio and professionally fitted massage room nearby and a chef who will create fabulous local specialities. Alternatively, enjoy a game of tennis on the hard-surface court, go canoeing on the Dordogne River (UNESCO listed and the cleanest in France), or take a tour of Beynac, a medieval castle that sits high above the river.
- Bedroom 1 "Blue Room": double bedroom with king size bed and ensuite bath and free standing shower. South facing onto the park at the front of the house.
- Bedroom 2 "Yellow Room": double bedroom with king size bed and en suite shower room. South facing onto the park at the front of the house.
- Bedroom 3 "Queen's Room": double bedroom with super king size bed, sitting area and en suite shower room. Facing North onto the hills at the back of the house.
- Bedroom 4 "Green Room" double bedroom with two single beds and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Facing east, overlooking the terrace and forest.
- Bedroom 5 "Red Room" double bedroom with two single beds that can be made up as a king. With ensuite bathroom with bath and hand-held shower and overlooking the terrace and forest.
- Bedroom 6 "Balloon Room" double bedroom with twin beds and en suite shower room. North facing onto the hills behind the house.
- Bedroom 7 "Driver's Room" double bedroom with twin beds that can be made up as a french double, with en suite bath and shower.
A guest cottage with two bedrooms is available on the property for an additional charge, .