Situated in the South-West of France, the Dordogne area (also known as the Périgord) has been listed a 'Biosphere World Reserve' by Unesco. It is a region rich of vineyards, picturesque villages, poetic landscapes and markets full of the area's renowned gourmet treasures. A myriad of leisure and cultural activities await. First unpack your bags at the Manoir des Sources, situated halfway up a limestone hill along the peaceful, winding Dropt river.
Following a wine aficionado's guide through France, you would undoubtedly discover the 'Pays de Bergerec', a privileged territory boasting some of the country's best wines. The region opens wide its doors to admirers of generous and preserved nature, culinary explorers and people willing to let the stones tell you it's tales. Built over 400 years ago, during the reign of King Louis XIV, this Perigordian chateau has maintained its original features, some crafted by the same artisan who completed many of the rooms at Versailles.
Outside the gorgeous castle you have 32 acres of gardens, woodlands and tended grounds to explore, offering mature orchards to gorge on fresh fruit on a hot summer's day. Three outside eating areas: one benefitting from sun all day, the second shaded by lime trees and ideal for afternoon tea, the third by the pool makes the perfect spot to enjoy luncheons and late dinners.
The heated pool offers exquisitely luxurious towels, sun loungers and tables to pass the entire day by the water. Otherwise enjoy a few rounds of tennis on the hard-surface court set in a secluded area before enjoying the spectacular Dordogne sunset.
- Bedroom 1 "Blue Room": double bedroom with king size bed and ensuite bath and free standing shower. South facing onto the park at the front of the house.
- Bedroom 2 "Yellow Room": double bedroom with king size bed and en suite shower room. South facing onto the park at the front of the house.
- Bedroom 3 "Queen's Room": double bedroom with super king size bed, sitting area and en suite shower room. Facing North onto the hills at the back of the house.
- Bedroom 4 "Green Room" double bedroom with two single beds and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. Facing east, overlooking the terrace and forest.
- Bedroom 5 "Red Room" double bedroom with two single beds that can be made up as a king. With ensuite bathroom with bath and hand-held shower and overlooking the terrace and forest.
- Bedroom 6 "Balloon Room" double bedroom with twin beds and en suite shower room. North facing onto the hills behind the house.
- Bedroom 7 "Driver's Room" double bedroom with twin beds that can be made up as a french double, with en suite bath and shower.
- Bedroom 8 "Butterfly Room" double bedroom with king size bed and en suite bathroom with hand held shower. South facing and overlooking the pool, garden and orchard.
- Bedroom 9 "Owl's Room" double bedroom with two french double beds and en suite bathroom with bath and shower. South facing and overlooking the pool, garden and orchard.