The Ile de Re is a patchwork of cycle trails and small villages. Connected to mainland France by the long bridge from La Rochelle, the island has its own distinct atmosphere of laid-back living. Renowned for its oyster farms and salt production, the Ile de Re is a friendly and welcoming destination for those looking for long sweeping beaches and good food. The villa, only 100 metres from the beach, has an understated luxury throughout, with lots of light from the full length windows. Recently built with only the best materials, this property lets you discover the charms of the Ile de Re whilst feeling like you have a home from home to return to every evening.
Villa Lucille is in a quiet residential area. The walled garden and pool area provides privacy, and the beach is just 100 metres away. Interiors feel fresh and airy.
- Spacious open-plan living area with well equipped kitchen at one end, a large dining space in the centre, and the sofa arrangement at the other.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower enclosure and loo. Study area.
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with its own shower room.
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with its own shower room.
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom.
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom.
- Bedrooms 4 and 5 share a shower room.
A number of the above bedrooms can be set up as double or twin beds depending on your requirements. All bedrooms have desks.
Why we like it: Easy walking distance to the beach, the fresh and airy feel and the al fresco dining area with hanging fire pit make this a great villa for friends and families to gather.