One of the principal historic landmarks on the island of Spetses, the serene Poseidonion Grand Hotel stands majestically on the central square in the picturesque port of Dapia. Offering 52 newly refurbished rooms and suites, all beautifully decorated in Belle Epoque style and many with a private garden or balcony, this charming hotel also has a spa and fitness centre, an attractive swimming pool surrounded by palm trees and two restaurants.
As you might expect from its location, the hotel affords spectacular views over the port to the sea and Peloponnese coast, and the chic boutiques, restaurants and cafés in the port are just a short walk away. A lovely bonus on car-free Spetses is to enjoy exploring the island on foot, by bicycle or on a horse-drawn carriage for an altogether more leisurely experience.
- Sun worshippers
- Beach lovers
- Naval history enthusiasts
Things to do at the property:
- Swim in the hotel pool
- Treatments and massage in the hotel spa
- Work up an appetite in the hotel gym
- Sip a sunset cocktail in the hotel bar
- On the Verandah restaurant serving Greek dishes using
organic ingredients sourced from the hotel garden
- Freud Oriental restaurant serving Japanese fusion cuisine
Things to do nearby:
- Enjoy a horse and carriage ride around the car-free island
- Tour the island by bicycle or quad bike
- Join the locals in a game of backgammon over an espresso or frappé in one of the cafés lining the waterfront
- Visit the stylish boutiques in the port of Dapia
- Take a boat trip and explore some of the island's beautiful coves
- PADI diving and water sports centre
Nota bene: Babysitting is available at the hotel on request.