Some 50 minutes by road from Corfu airport is the five-acre Kassiopia estate. However some guests prefer to eschew four wheels, and be whisked off straight to the local harbour for a boat transfer north. Chopping rapidly through the waves, guests are soon circling up to the estate's private jetty, bounding up a landscaped pathway before diving onto a pool-side sun-lounger, a cold drink imperceptively placed in hand.
The seven-bedroom property sleeps up to 14 guests, with a good selection of double and twin rooms providing flexible sleeping arrangements. (A further property in the estate grounds, Atolikos, is completely independent and can take a further 6 guests). Outdoor areas provide a variety of gathering points, from the fully-equipped pool house to the shaded dining terraces (seating up to 20 guests). Indoors the fully-air-conditioned property features a cinema room, games room (table football, table tennis), gym, sauna and separate study.
Directly in front of the property is a small pebble beach, perfect for swimming, with paddle boards, hobie cats and snorkelling equipment provided and just 15 minutes’ walk away are the teenage-friendly tavernas and cafes of Kassiopi village.
- First Master Tower bedroom with Jensen super king size bed and 42 TV. En-suite bathroom with walk in shower and jacuzzi corner bath. Terrace (leading to the outdoor Jacuzzi for 9 persons).
- The Courtyard bedroom - Twin bedded room with en-suite shower room. Terrace.
- Large sitting room with dining area, table for 14 guests, leading to an enormous terrace and outside dining and entertaining areas.
- Outside dining / BBQ and bar area off the sitting room and kitchen.
- Outside table for 14 or 20 guests.
- Drinks fridges / ice machines.
Lower ground floor
- Double bedroom with super king size bed and en-suite shower room. Covered terrace (shared with other bedrooms).
- Twin bedded room (can be converted into a double), en-suite shower room. Covered terrace (shared with other bedrooms).
- Twin bedded room (can be converted into a double), en-suite shower room. Covered terrace (shared with other bedrooms)
- Two further bedrooms, can be made into an independent suite if required, (A door in the passageway can be closed to shut off these two bedrooms forming a bedroom suite, combined with seating, study area and bathroom)
- Second Master bedroom with four poster super king size bed. Private terrace.
- Twin bedded room (can't be converted into a double) with covered terrace (shared with other bedrooms).
- Study area with desk, sofa, TV and dressing area.
- Bathroom with extra large walk in shower and bath.
- Cinema room - 52" TV and B&W speakers.
- Gym - treadmill, cross trainer and multi-gym.
- Sauna, steam room and massage table.
- Maid's room.
- 20m salt water infinity pool
- Shaded seating areas Moroccan style, with kitchen, BBQ, fridge
- Steps to a smaller children's pool
- Steps down to small beach
The gardens: Sensitively landscaped gardens are filled with swathes of grasses and wild herbs, and dotted with olive and pomegranate trees.
The views: Views from the wrap-around terrace extend over the bays and inlets of Avlaki and onto the island and lighthouse of Kaparelli in the south. To the north views take in the Kassiopi headland and dramatic Albanian mountains.
Why we like it: if a check-list of family-friendly amenities was drawn-up, this property would tick them all. Add in a great villa staff and proximity to Kassiopi and it's clear why this property has guests coming back year after year.