Ischia is best known for its spectacular green scenery, fine beaches and thermal waters and if you head further inland you'll be richly rewarded with chestnut and citrus forests, vineyards and sleepy hillside villages. Covering an entire peninsula on the north coastline, Villa Le Fumarole is a vast and exclusive residence with some truly fabulous views over the Gulf of Naples. The villa's interior is bright and elegant, as you'd expect the former home of a Countess to be, and still holds the odd surprise such as the terracotta tiles and golden door, salvaged from a church in Assisi. For smaller groups, Villa Le Fumarole can also be rented on a 6 bedrooms basis.
- Bedroom 1: Master double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with shared bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Single bedroom with access to the terrace and shared bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom with external bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6: Double bedroom with external bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7: Large double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8: Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 9: Twin bedroom with external bathroom
The Gardens: The garden and terraces have been beautifully sculpted around the villa, to make the most of the natural landscape. On the main terrace, the swimming pool is surrounded by natural stone and stunning sea views. There are a further three roof terraces, all furnished with either comfortable seating or dining table and chairs, with plenty of colourful pots, potted lemon trees, palms and cacti. There is a fabulous outdoor kitchen, ideal for alfresco cooking with an evening drink in hand, which includes a barbecue, large grill, pizza oven, sink, fridge and freezer.
The Views: There are sublime, seemingly endless views out to sea towards Capri and the island of Procida from the main terrace and from the top roof terrace, a lovely outlook over Castle d'Aragona.
Why we like it: Villa Le Fumarole is bursting with character, inside the décor is light and elegant and we only wish those walls could tell tales. Outside, the gardens blend into the landscape beautifully and really only accentuate the raw natural splendor of the surroundings.