Set amidst 740 peaceful acres of gentle rolling hills, ancient vineyards and lush olive groves, the Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa is a luxurious haven in the heart of Tuscany, with the historic towns of Florence, Siena and Pisa within easy reach. A former 12th century castle, the hotel has been carefully and sympathetically restored with painstaking attention to detail. Rooms and suites are stylish and sophisticated and have many original features, including ancient frescoes, beamed ceilings and beautiful marble and mosaic bathrooms.
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa's La Torre Restaurant is located in the former stables, where wonderful gourmet cuisine is served, accompanied by a selection of local wines, with al fresco dining on the panoramic terrace possible in summer. La Taverna serves Tuscan cuisine in a more relaxed setting by the pool overlooking the vineyards in the summer and in more inclement times inside in the atmospheric dining room. The magnificent spa offers the latest in holistic treatments and relaxation therapies.
- Honeymooners and couples.
- Families with children of all ages.
- Lovers of fine wine and gastronomy.
Things to do at the property:
- Enjoy wine and olive oil tastings in the company of the hotel sommelier.
- Play tennis on the hotel's courts.
- Relax in the extensive gardens and enjoy the wonderful panoramic views.
- Swim in the hotel's heated outdoor pool.
- Pamper yourself in the hotel's excellent spa.
- Cookery classes for all the family.
Things to do nearby:
- Medieval Siena and artistic Florence are unmissable, particularly as the hotel provides regular complimentary transfers to both.
- Hot air ballooning over the Valley dell'Ombrone.
- Truffle hunting in season.
- Visit Pisa and the famous Leaning Tower.
- Play a round of golf at the renowned Ugolino golf course.