Hotel Raya is nestled amongst gloriously fragrant bougainvillea, olive and lemon trees on the diminutive island of Panarea. Hidden away on this exclusive island idyll, you'll find the chic retreat of one of the hippest hotels in the Mediterranean.
With fabulous views over brooding Stromboli and the inviting Aeolian waters, Hotel Raya comprises three different parts: Raya Alto - 30 rooms with large terraces overlooking the sea where guests can enjoy a superb breakfast to start the day. Raya Peppe Maria located at San Pietro port, where you'll find the organic Bio Restaurant, terrace bar and legendary open-air nightclub. And additionally, a third part, Il Raya Basso, which houses a further six comfortable rooms with views over the sea or the hillside.
Each room at Hotel Raya is decorated in a simple yet stylish, minimalist fashion and offers large panoramic terraces.
- Families with teenage children
Things to do at Hotel Raya:
- Sunset drinks overlooking Stromboli
- Dine on the terrace at the organic Bio Restaurant
- Dance the night away at the open-air nightclub
- Explore the lovely island boutiques
- Relax in the Geothermal pools
Things to do nearby:
- The beaches of La Spiaggetta and Cala degli Zimmari
- Cala Junco Bay, enclosed by volcanic reefs with a climb to a prehistoric village
- Explore the hamlets of San Pietro, Ditella and Drautto
- Boat cruises around the archipelago
- Rent a motor boat from a local fisherman
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted at Hotel Raya.
- There are two cashpoints on the island, but guests are advised to bring cash.
- It is a 5-10 minute walk from Peppe Maria [reception] to the rooms in Raya Alto.