In later years the building was divided into two homes and remains so to this day. There are no residents next door, however, so guests benefit from absolute privacy on the grounds. A comfortable two-story addition was also added to Casale di Fiesole in recent years, creating what is today the splendid sun-filled living room and master bedroom suite. Rooms are furnished in a classic style and all benefit from air-conditioning as well as access to generously sized bathrooms. Antiques and objects d’art decorate the interiors, while the 12 hectares of gardens offer ample space to relax and take in the surrounding views. Particularly attractive is the swimming pool terrace fringed with lavender and rosemary, and the large pergola fragrant with climbing jasmine - the ideal spot for a lazy lunch feasting on fresh produce from the local markets.
The housekeeper offers the warmest of welcomes for your stay and will happily prepare authentic Tuscan feasts using skills passed down from her grandmother. She also offers cookery classes and even babysitting for those looking to enjoy a special evening out. For expeditions into the surrounding region, nearby Fiesole has a charming piazza, Roman Theatre and plays host to summer music concerts. A wealth of picturesque towns and wineries await to be discovered on a day’s exploration through the Chianti region, as does the memorable city of Siena.
- Bedroom 1: Queen-sized bed, en-suite with bathtub and shower, garden views and double doors opening to front patio
- Bedroom 2: King-sized or twin beds, en-suite with shower
- Spacious living / dining room with windows on three sides and large working fireplace
- Separate den with TV, DVD player, computer and library
- Well equipped kitchen with marble worktops and breakfast bar, opens directly out to the dining pergola
- Bedroom 3: Queen-sized bed
- Private bathroom with shower and dual vanity unit
- Bedroom 4: King-sized or twin beds
- Private bathroom with shower, dual vanity and Jacuzzi tub
WHY WE LIKE IT: The location of Casale di Fiesole is difficult to beat, in a tranquil and typically Tuscan rural setting but with all the attractions of Florence within exceptionally easy reach. All modern comforts are on offer in the villa, while the charming housekeeper Rosella offers extra special touches for your stay.