Inside, Moncioni melds old beams, fabulous handmade travertine floor tiles and 18th century antiques, with contemporary furnishings and well placed splashes of colour that breathe life into the ancient construction. On the ground floor the galleried entrance hall leads into a spacious sitting room with doors onto an adjoining terrace with sublime views. The games room is great fun with a swanky, purple-baized pool table, bar football and lots of books and games. The kitchen includes a wine fridge and an extremely convenient brace of dishwashers and ovens. From here it's a short hop to the courtyard, a fabulous focal hub of the property that lures guests into long balmy evenings of deep chatter around the table. There's also an air-conditioned indoor dining room for a change of scene. On the first floor are four bedrooms and an upstairs sitting room with books, TV a DVD player and a great selection of films. The fifth bedroom has been thoughtfully placed on the ground floor, which offers easier access for anyone with limited movement, and comes air-conditioned with its own private terrace. Out of the summer season, there’s underfloor and eco-friendly solar heating to ensure comfort.
- Bedroom 1: Twin/ Double (with cot), en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower in tub
- Bedroom 2: Double king, en suite bathroom with shower and bath and outdoor access
- Bedroom 3: Double queen, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4: Double queen, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5: Located on the ground floor and suitable for people with low mobility. Double queen, en suite bathroom with shower. Entrance from the courtyard and private terrace.