Tuscan hilltop villages are picturesque, fascinating and wonderful for exploring - a maze of intricate streets, some architectural gems to discover and if you are lucky a nice little café or restaurant. It is a great rarity to find a rental property in the midst of all of this and in that sense Villa Mosciano is a needle in a haystack, a Tuscan rarity made up of all those things, positioned in the medieval fortress of Castelmuzio, with spectacular views out towards Pienza. The property sleeps up to 10 guests, but for larger groups, its sister property Villa Velino may also be available and can accommodate up to another 10 guests has has a very large and spectacular swimming pool with equally spectacular views.
Villa Mosciano is beautifully positioned just a few hundred yards from the village of Castelmuzio, with its yellow ochre walls and 9th century ramparts. The villa commands a fortuitous position overlooking the village walls, just a few hundred yards from the centre of the village. To the south, in the foreground, is the emblematic 14th century Abbey of Santa Anna remembered more recently for its starring role in the film The English Patient where Count Ladislaus de Almásy attempted convalescence.
- Bedroom 1: Twin, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Double, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double, en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower, private balcony
- Bedroom 4: Double, en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Bedroom 5: Double, adjoining bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Ground Floor: Owners apartment
- First floor: Entrance from a small balcony, corridor, hallway,living room with fireplace and kitchen area, twin bedroom with en suite bathroom, 2 double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, half bath.
- Second floor: living/dining room, fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms, one with en suite bathroom, gym room