A former royal palace, this brand new, exquisite Four Seasons hotel has been painstakingly and faithfully restored to its early 19th Century glory, transporting guests back to the regal grandeur of Imperial Russia. Yet befitting its newly-opened status there is a hint of contemporary, airy freshness, with 177 rooms and elegant suites - amongst the most spacious in the city - boasting high ceilings and large picture windows through which many of the iconic sights of St Petersburg can be admired.
The new kid in town, Four Seasons promises five-star luxury with guest rooms overlooking St Isaac's Cathedral and the Admiralty landmark. Stepping away from Russian tradition, the two signature restaurants, Percerso and Sintoho, serve Italian and Japanese-Asian cuisine respectively, whilst the Xander bar provides an intimate setting for drinks. The hotel also features a 24-hour fitness centre, spa and indoor triangular pool bathed in sunlight from the glass roof.
Things to do at the property:
- Four-level, glass-enclosed spa offering skincare and massage therapies
- Triangular-shaped indoor pool beneath the glass-domed roof
- 24-hour fitness centre featuring Russian-style sauna, steam room and whirlpool
- Dine at Percorso, serving modern Italian specialities
- Sintoho, a contemporary restaurant serving a Japanese menu with a north Asian twist
- Afternoon tea in the Tea Lounge, a glass-roofed winter garden
- Champagne, Zakuskis, cigars and cognac in Xander Bar
Things to do nearby:
- St Isaac's Cathedral and Square right beside the hotel
- Explore Alexandrovsky Garden and the Admiralty building
- The Winter Palace and Russian Museum a short walk away
- The palaces of St Petersburg: Peterhof, Pavlovsk, Yusupov and Gatchina
- Ballet and opera at the Mariinsky Theatre within walking distance
- Shopping on Nevsky Prospekt
- This is a particularly family-friendly hotel with complimentary amenities, toiletries and children's menus available. Babysitting is also available with 24 hour's notice.