Beautifully designed and creatively presented, the property epitomizes a new wave of contemporary Ibizan style. Interiors flow effortlessly between cool and airy rooms, through great arched windows and slide-away doors onto surrounding terraces, furnished for unhurried dining and relaxing in the shade. Surrounding the house, abundant Mediterranean gardens reveal flashes of vibrant colour and a host of delicate flora, including lemon and pomegranate trees. At its focal point, a huge pool glistens like an oasis, and an adjacent summer house is equipped with outdoor sofas, loungers and a BOSE music system.
Santa Gertrudis is one of the most iconic villages on the island. Artists' studios, book shops and organic cafes, selling Jamón Ibérico and Manchego cheese, gather around the village chapel and restaurants have terraces which spill onto the pedestrianized streets. Within a few miles of Santa Gertrudis, in a secluded, peaceful setting, is the seven bedroom villa, Can Oliveres. Accommodation is principally based in the main house, which has four bedrooms, three opening onto private terraces on the lower ground level, and an impressive master suite which occupies the whole of the first floor, with access to a roof sun terrace with views to Santa Gertrudis. Interior style combines traditional free-flowing Ibizan architecture with a well-chosen, creative décor (including a few light-hearted touches, including an altar drinks bar and montage to 1980's LPs!). The house is comfortable and extremely well-equipped throughout, from high-quality indoor and outdoor dining facilities, to a separate media room with sofas, SKY TV, Movies and Sonos music system. Some 100m from the main house, along a rosemary-lined pathway, a wholly independent guest cottage has a further three bedrooms, including a master bedroom with an extraordinary one-piece granite bath tub, and a small living and kitchen area.
- Open plan living area leading onto terrace
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Dining area
- TV room (with seating and scatter cushions, TV, SKY, Computer, Sonos music system)
- Bedroom 1 with king-size bed, en suite shower room and separate dressing room. Opens onto lavender-bordered terrace with sun loungers
- Bedroom 2 with king-size bed, en suite shower room and terrace
- Bedroom 3 with king-size bed, en suite bathroom, dressing room and terrace
- Bedroom 4: master bedroom with king-size four-poster bed, en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower/steam room, dressing room. Steps lead to private sun terrace.
- Located approximately 100m from main house
- Living area with sofas, TV and BOSE music docking point
- Small kitchen area
- Bedroom 5 with king-size four-poster bed, one-piece granite bath tub, separate shower, dressing area
- Bedroom 6 with king-size bed and en suite shower
- Bedroom 7 with twin beds and en suite shower
The gardens: Abundant and varied gardens include an herb garden, kitchen garden, with tomatoes and chilli, lemon, olive and fig trees and an arboretum of pine, live and palm trees. Amongst the foliage are well-equipped dining areas, including a grill, pizza oven and barbeque area, shaded chill-out areas and a large pool with shallow steps access.
The views: Are mostly over the surrounding gardens, whilst a roof terrace has views to the rooftops of Santa Gertrudis.
Why we like it: For its creative style and exceptionally high levels of comfort and equipment.
Note bene: Access is along a rural track which is bumpy in parts.