Within a half-hour walk of one of Mallorca's prettiest and most celebrated villages, Deià , is La Tanca: a well-equipped and classically-styled Finca, wrapped with sun terraces, olive orchards, arable gardens and Mediterranean sea views.
Bedrooms are cool, comfortable and air-conditioned; living areas, adorned with carefully-curated art, provide a civilised escape from the crowds. On an upper terrace, to the side of the house, an inviting 12m swimming pool is surrounded with sun loungers and shady retreats, from where views extend across the bay of Deià , to the sail boats fluttering on the horizon. Living areas and sleeping accommodation are based in the main house, which surrounds the main dining terrace. The master bedroom on the first floor has views across olive orchards to the sea.
Accessed from the ground floor, outdoor living areas are focussed on the seaward side of the property, including a covered dining terrace, edged with vibrant terracotta pots and Mediterranean planting.
On an upper terrace, steps lead to a 12m x 5m gated swimming pool, surrounded with sun terraces and shady reading corners, table tennis table and summer kitchen with drinks fridge.
- Living area with satellite TV, DVD player, music system.
- Kitchen with open-plan dining area.
- Bedroom 1 with 1 queen-size bed (1m60) with en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds (0m90)
- Bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 with 1 king-size bed (1m80)
- Bedroom 4 with 1 king-size bed (1m80) with en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 5 with 1 king-size bed (1m80) master, with en-suite bathroom with shower and walk-in closet. Can also be accessed externally.
- Bedroom 6 with up to 4 single beds (suitable for children under 12 years) with en suite bathroom, TV and games - low ceiling.
Gardens: Several acres of grounds include olive orchard and pine trees, and closer to the property, surrounding the terraces, vibrant Mediterranean planting, fragrant herbs and oleander. Sun terraces, edged with rosemary, surround the pool.
Views: Panoramic views capture the full scenic range of the west coast of Mallorca, from the backdrop of the towering Tramuntana mountains, to the azure waters of the Mediterranean on the horizon.
Why we like it: For civilised style and high levels of comfort, bold vistas and serenity.