Flanked by a pine forest where partridges and pheasant roam freely across the estate, expansive lawns, orchards and wildlife are guests' first sight on arrival when driving along the sweeping private road leading to the property, and in spite of the countryfied location, the estate is within very easy reach of Cheltenham with easy access from London. A setting for guests of all ages, offering a private tennis court, hot-tub, snooker table, play area and a cinema style TV room.
Entering into the main dining hall, a dramatic evening banquet space, the fully functioning fireplace, wooden floors and beamed ceilings are off-set by contemporary art-pieces and a modern bar/serving area. The casual drawing room opens on to the summer terrace overlooking the grounds, where barbeques are taken in summer, and hot-tub with two separate TV rooms on the ground floor provide ample spaces for guests seeking privacy whilst amongst a large group. Independently on the first floor, the large, formal drawing room is adorned by historical paintings and antiquities with a bar in place providing the perfect place for pre-dinner drinks.
Bedrooms are well proportioned, mostly more traditional in style (mainly with baths only), with the differing styles reflecting the property's character and the recent upgrades to some of the sleeping quarters. Two externally accessible bedrooms adjacent to the main building are sandwiched by the three-quarter length snooker table providing an independent sleeping space.
- Informal drawing room with fireplace
- Dining hall with open fireplace
- TV room/library with large screen
- Small breakfast area
- TV snug up a further 6 stairs
FIRST FLOOR (many rooms have additional steps leading to them)
- Formal drawing room
- Bedroom 1 with double bed, en-suite bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 2 with double bed, en-suite bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 3 with double bed, private bathroom (adjacent) with bath
- Bedroom 4 with double bed, en-suite modern shower room
- Bedroom 5 with double bed, en-suite bathroom with bath, TV
- Bedroom 6 with small double bed (best suited for children), shares a modern shower room with bedroom 7
- Bedroom 7 with double bed
- Bedroom 8 with double bed, small en-suite bathroom with bath (some low ceilings)
- Bedroom 9 with twin beds (for children) and en-suite bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 10 with double bed, en-suite bathroom with bath
- Games room with three-quarter length snooker table. Kitchenette.
- The occupied gardener's cottage is set to the rear of the main house and several of the estate's outbuildings and offices are to the rear courtyard.
The Gardens: 2,500 acres of working farmland, woodlands, lawns and ponds.
The Views: Countryside as far as the eye can see.
Why we like it: With its mixture of characterful interiors, country-gent feel, period artwork and an abundance of space inside and out with a fantastic country pub just 3 miles away.