Shangri La Villingili is the best combination of sophisticated style and family-friendly facilities, and with miles of perfect beach and three blue lagoons, keeping the family occupied never comes at the expense of privacy and tranquillity. When Shangri La Villingili was born on the southern tip of Addu Atoll it became the first in the Maldives south of the equator and remains the only five star resort with a golf course. The island is one of the largest in the Maldives, accommodating 132 villas while retaining the feeling of a deserted island. Unspoilt natural beauty is a real highlight - walking and cycling trails run through lush vegetation that includes tropical flowers, coconut palms and banyan trees. There are also several natural lagoons alive with kaleidoscopic fish and healthy coral to explore, and Villingili offers fantastic dining and an excellent spa.
The all-villa accommodation includes private ocean retreats and tropical tree house villas, so you can choose whether to hide out amongst the trees or stay over the water. Each has either a private plunge pool or direct access to the lagoon. The design is crisp and simple, with exposed wood from the islands, and nods to India and the Middle East. Most villas sleep up to four people while the Two-Bedroom Beach Villa and Villa Laalu can accommodate up to six.
The Cool Zone Kids Club is open between 9am and 7pm and caters for children between four and 12. Activities are typically adventurous and fun, including the Young Pirates, Jungle Discovery and Underwater Adventure programmes. There is also time for more relaxed activities such as arts and crafts sessions and the shallow area between the Whispering Palms Water Villas is ideal for children's snorkelling. Many of the activities and outings on offer at Villingili are open to all the family.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Views over the ocean from the wedding Pavilions or the forest from any of Villingili's magical locations add to any celebration - whether a wedding ceremony or a romantic dinner to celebrate your honeymoon. The team is well used to arranging celebrations big and small.
- CHI spa, offering Ayurvedic, Asian and Indian treatments
- Nine-hole golf course
- Health club with gym, steam room and saunas
- Pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the sea
- Entertainment centre
- Tennis facilities
- Dive Centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Charter a private boat or sail the waters in an authentic dhoni
- Various water sports from paddle boarding to windsurfing
- Head out in search of spinner dolphins
- Fishing excursions by day or night
- Hop across to the authentic neighbouring island
WINE & DINE
- Fine dining cuisine with sea views at Fashala
- Dr. Ali's for flavours of Asia & Arabia
- Jaavu - café by day and a la carte by night
- Fresh Maldivian flavours on board as you sail across the equator
- Dine by candlelight at romantic secret locations