Arise to a chorus of lion roars from your secluded, luxury suite at Little Ongava, perched on the brow of a hill in the Ongava private game reserve, with breath-taking views over the waterhole below, teeming with game and of the Ongava plains, with its endless horizons.
The reserve is amongst the largest private game reserves in Namibia, with over 125 square miles to be explored and shares a boundary with the famous Etosha National Park, home to some of the rarest endangered species of wildlife in the world. Ongava are working to help protect these wild animals, to ensure that the magic of the bush is kept alive, so clients can witness the unexpected and observe waterholes teeming with wildlife.
- Wildlife enthusiasts.
- Photography lovers.
- Bird watchers.
THINGS TO DO AT THE CAMP:
- Relax by the pool or on your private deck.
- Sit around the campfire and observe endangered animals drinking from the subtly lit waterholes.
- Enjoy a drink at the bar.
- Unwind in the sitting and dining areas, which are prime locations to view wildlife at the waterhole below the camp.
- Sit on the open deck and enjoy a meal beneath the magical African sky.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Go on a day or night game drive in an open vehicle within the Ongava private game reserve.
- Visit Etosha National Park and observe the vast array of wildlife whilst on a game drive.
- Venture into the bush on foot and track rhinos with experienced guides.
- Learn more about wildlife and the history of the land on nature walks.
- Capture wildlife with your camera in their natural environment while in the photographic hides, ensuring that you don't disturb them.
- Go bird watching and observe the resident birdlife.