Sleeping eight people in four spacious en-suite bedrooms, the exclusive-use Chongwe River House is ideal for private parties or families. Located right on the banks of the Chongwe River which teems with wildlife, the large private veranda and pool lend themselves perfectly as viewing spots from which to admire the animals as well as the mountainous escarpment in the distance. The enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides are incredibly keen to demonstrate the beauty and magnificence of the Lower Zambezi National Park on informative and entertaining safaris and canoe trips whilst at the lodge, all activities and meals are tailored according to you by the hospitable staff and hosts.
What's so great about Chongwe River House is its superb location. Compared to other national parks and reserves, this one is practically empty - not of wildlife - but rather of tourists, making it feel like a real adventure in the middle of the wilderness. Even more, being able to watch nature at its finest from your own veranda is such privileged experience. No need to scour the park for wildlife, you've got it right on your doorstep! The staff are fantastic as well; they are so passionate about what they do and genuinely want you to experience the best of Zambia during your stay.
Things to do at the house:
- Go for a swim in the pool whilst watching for animals taking a drink at the river
- Take a bath in the outside tub and look out across the bush
- Chill on the veranda
Things to do nearby:
- Go for either a day or night game drive in the house's private vehicles with an experienced guide
- Enjoy the thrill of a walking safari with an expert guide
- Canoe or go for a boat ride down the Chongwe River
- Bird watching
- Fishing- the Tiger fish fishing is unbeatable
- Boat cruises
- Community visits can be arranged for those interested in the rich cultural heritage of the area