Despite its heritage, the hotel has a timeless feel and offers entirely modern comforts such as two outdoor swimming pools, a Raffles Spa, gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. The classic Restaurant Le Royal serves up Royal Khmer cuisine, based on recipes handed down by the royal family. At the Elephant Bar, the signature cocktail is the Femme Fatale, created especially for Jacqueline Kennedy during her 1967 stay here. Less formal settings for meals and drinks include the Writer's Bar, Café Monivong and Le Phnom Deli.
Rich with culture and history, Phnom Penh offers plenty to keep you occupied. The National Museum, built over 100 years ago, is a treasure trover of ancient Khmer artifacts, while The Royal Palace is a feast for the eyes with its dazzling golden exterior and grandiose design. The city's bustling central market is also well worth a browse, with stalls as fascinating as its art deco design.
- Couples and romantics
- Lovers of history and nostalgia
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Sip signature cocktails at The Elephant Bar
- Indulge in a soothing treatment at the on-site spa
- Take afternoon tea in the conservatory
- Unwind under the shade of frangipani trees by the outdoor swimming pool
- Dine on exquisite Khmer cuisine at Le Royal restaurant
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Visit the century-old National Museum, brimming with Khmer artifacts
- Marvel at the Royal Palace of Cambodia’s impressive gold-clad exterior
- Experience the buzz around the central market, located in a spectacular art deco building
- Stroll along the Sisowath Quay and see where the Mekong and Bassac rivers combine