44 discreet suites blend into their natural surroundings with living rooves, timber shutters and airy indoor-outdoor living spaces. Private plunge pools come as standard, taking centre stage in the inner courtyard, though the sparkling 56-metre infinity pool and the inviting turquoise waters of the South China Sea may also beckon for those seeking an afternoon dip.
Wellness enthusiasts will delight in the opportunity to spend time in the Chenot Spa, world-renowned for scientific innovation, holistic healing and endless nurturing treatments. Cultural and nature immersion is available through cookery workshops, martial art instruction and guided walks through the wildlife-rich rainforest.
Dining at the One&Only Desaru is rich, varied and exquisitely executed. You may wish to work up an appetite in the Techogym, yoga pavilion or Padel court before taking your pick from refined omakase menus at Hoshi, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern fare at Ambara, or perfectly crafted Asian barbecue dishes at Ember. As the day draws to a close, round off proceedings with sundowners at the Ember Beach Club or sampling the signature Negroni.
- Couples and families
- Wildlife lovers
- Sun worshippers
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Take a morning stroll along the beach, or settle in to enjoy the attentive service from a beach cabana
- Delve into an array of watersports including jet skiing, paddle boarding, hobie cat sailing and kite surfing
- Lounge by the 56-metre infinity pool or work up an appetite for lunch with a lap or two
- Work off the excesses in the Technogym, or on the tennis and padel courts
- Tour the Chef’s Garden and gather ingredients to create your own delicious condiments or tropical jam
- Embrace holistic wellness or pure pampering in the Chenot Spa
- Learn a new skill such as the ancient martial art of Silat Melayu
- Engage children with wildlife activities, arts and crafts or an array of sports at the KidsOnly club
- Indulge in afternoon tea or irresistible cocktails at the Dusky Monkey bar
- Book a session with the resident yoga master, and practice any number of disciplines ranging from Ashtanga, Yin, Kundalini or Aerial Yoga
- Sample the Michelin-starred Asian barbecue cuisine of Andrew Walsh at the Ember Beach Club, perhaps lingering longer for live music or DJ beats
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Join the resident naturalist on a journey through the rainforest in search of white-handed gibbons, Oriental pied-hornbills and dusky leaf monkeys
- Borrow one of the resort’s bicycles for a leisurely pedal around the forests and coastline
- Set out on a local fishing boat on an expedition to reel in Black Marlin or Sailfish
- Play a round of golf at the nearby Els Club