Pokkuluwa Kanda is a truly beautiful eight plus acre estate of tea, cinnamon, pepper and fruit, which teems with exotic birds, peacocks and monkeys. It is situated 800 feet above sea level just 10 kms from Galle, and has views to the sea in one direction and jungle in others.
The Villa is newly built and was designed by one of Sri Lanka's foremost architects and it is owned by a British couple who have a fantastic eye for detail. The property comprises a Master Suite with living area, and a dramatic open air bathroom with bath tub and two showers. There are four further extremely spacious double bedrooms and a "Jungle Room" which offers additional accommodation with two double beds, en suite shower and a massage room. The design in each room is quite unique and individual and all rooms are luxuriously appointed with startling designs featuring the natural rocks on which the villa is built.
Simply put, words and images do not do Sisindu T justice as it is so beautifully arranged in every way. The property would be highly suited to a large family or a group of friends celebrating a special occasion. An excellent team ensures guests never have to lift a finger
- Bedroom 1 Double bedroom (king-size bed), en suite bathroom with bath and two showers.
- Bedroom 2 Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3 Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4 Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5 Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Open sided living and dining room
- TV room
- Breakfast area
- Family room
- Bedroom: Twin bedroom (two double beds) en suite shower and massage room
- The Gardens: The spectacular roof terrace which is ideal for sun downers. Tropical birds are frequent visitors of the estate which grows tea, cinnamon pepper and fruit.
- The Views: The hill location offers sublime views over the surrounding eight acre tea. The villa has 360 degree views over the region.
The Gardens: The spectacular roof terrace which is ideal for sun downers. Tropical birds are frequent visitors of the estate which grows tea, cinnamon pepper and fruit.
The Views: The hill location offers sublime views over the surrounding eight acre tea. The villa has 360 degree views over the region.
Why we like it: The location of Sisindu T is truly wonderful, with its 360 degree views right on the tea estate; it is hard not to like this villa. The charming city Galle with wonderful beaches is only 15 minutes away with tuk tuk or taxi.