112 Rooms and Suites in eight categories, all with balconies or terraces, shaded by mature mahogany trees. Décor is resort-luxury with a hint of contemporary-colonial – think shiny tiled floors, sophisticated pale colour schemes and tasteful mahogany furniture. The one-bedroom Dophin Suites are particularly lovely, with chequerboard tiled floors, large living room, generous patio with dining area and light and spacious bedroom. The Luxury Suite, meanwhile, is perfect for groups and families as it has four bedrooms, each with an ensuite bathroom and direct access to the beach plus its own heated infinity pool. For more privacy, Sandy Lane has one Palladian-style private villa, set around a courtyard pool, with its own chef, butler and house keeper.
This glamorous, sophisticated resort works extremely well for families. The Treehouse Club has a range of programmes for children aged between 3 and 12 years of age, including a daily swim hour, afternoon movie time and themed ‘dinner parties’. For older children there’s The Den on the lower level of The Treehouse Club, where teens can enjoy their own lounge with adjoining games room, featuring pool tables and foosball as well as electronic and board games, jukebox and computer stations. Additional activities include island tours, sports clinics, watersports and coastal cruises. Special holidays are always fun for children, with a sandcastle building competition on Christmas Day, a special ‘cocktail’ party on New Year’s Eve and a giant egg hunt at Easter.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Sandy Lane’s team of dedicated planners is on hand to arrange your dream wedding, be it an intimate celebration or a grand affair. You can choose from a number of locations, from the spa or The Country Club to the beach at sunset. For a romantic hotel within a hotel experience, stay at The Villa and staff will do the rest, from setting up a candle-lit dinner to organising a couples' massage. This is the west coast so sunsets here are always special: strolling hand in hand along the powder soft sand as the sun sinks below the horizon is a memory you’ll treasure forever. If you’re lucky you might even see the elusive green flash at sundown.
- Boutique, diamond jewellers, pro shop, library & business centre
- Extensive spa
- Three golf courses & tennis courts
- Motorised and non-motorised watersports
WINE & DINE
- Modern, classical and contemporary cuisine in both formal and informal settings
- Comprehensive wine list featuring more than 2,000 wines
- The Gelato Bar serves chocolate and vanilla cones
- Modern wine bar, sushi station and state-of-the-art grill at Bajan Blue
- In-room dining
OUT & ABOUT
- Swim with turtles
- Snorkel in nearby Folkestone Underwater Park
- Play golf at one of the resort’s three courses
- Stroll to nearby Holetown and visit Limegrove designer mall
- Explore the island’s wilder west coast