Calabash offers 30 one-bedroom Suites in five categories, ranging from Junior to Penthouse. The Superior Suites are closest to the beach, the Pool Suites have a private plunge pools, while the Penthouse has spacious poolside lounge and dining area. All suites have an indoor sitting area and a good-sized terrace or balcony, with sea and garden views. Décor is a contemporary take on the traditional colonial-Caribbean aesthetic: cool tiled floors and pale walls and furnishings with bold accent colours.
This is a fairly grown-up resort, suitable for families who like to do things together. Most of the suites sleep a maximum of two adults and one child, while the Penthouse Suite can be connected to the suite below via an internal staircase. Breakfast is served by your own personal maid either on your balcony or on the beach, which goes down particularly well with kids. Grenada itself is great for exploring – a trip to the Grenada Chocolate Factory, in the heart of the rainforest, is always a winner. Note that Calabash does not admit children under 12 years of age at certain times of the year.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
A Calabash wedding is very special, with every last detail taken care of by the hotel’s dedicated planner. You can say ‘I do’ on the beach or in the garden and your reception can be set up at The Beach Club, in whatever style you choose, perhaps with a traditional steel piano or a live band. Its serene, peaceful location makes Calabash the perfect honeymoon destination: enjoy a couple’s massage at the spa, dine on the beach under the stars or take in the sunset on a catamaran cruise for two. Alternatively, pack a picnic and spend the day exploring the island: you can drive right into the rainforest and have a dip in one of Grenada’s legendary waterfalls.
- Tennis courts & fitness suite
- Non-motorised watersports
- PADI dive centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Snorkel to Grenada’s Underwater Sculpture Park
- Explore the wreck of Bianca C, known as the ‘Titanic of the Caribbean’
- Sunset Champagne cruise
- Friday street food festival in Gouyave
- Island tours
WINE & DINE
- Breakfast on your private balcony or at a table on the beach
- Sample the delicious fresh salads and sushi on offer at the Pool Bar
- Enjoy tapas and cocktails are served at the Beach Club between 11.30 am and 4.00 pm
- Dine in style at the highly-acclaimed Rhodes restaurant