If ever a hotel had stories to tell, Montpelier would have you gripped. Steeped in history and superbly run to celebrate it's splendid past. Filled with Caribbean charm and seamlessly run by the Hoffman family (including Cosmo, their paddle-boarding yellow Labrador), Montpelier offers guests an unspoilt slice of Caribbean island life in a relaxed and refined atmosphere. In addition to the hotel's 60ft mosaic pool with dramatic views to Nevis peak, guests are invited to use the hotel's private beach located 15 minutes' from the hotel, with complimentary transfers provided.
The bedrooms are all individually and immaculately presented with four-poster beds covered in crisp white Egyptian cotton, contemporary design touches and private terraces with views either towards the sparkling ocean or Nevis' lush slopes. Classically chic and naturally authentic, rooms capture the essence of contemporary Caribbean style with unruffled ease.
Montpelier Plantation and Beach welcomes children over the age of 5 years and provides a healthy and delicious children's menu. Picnics to take to the beach, tennis lessons and evening babysitting are also available.
WEDDINGS AND HONEYMOONS
Follow in the footsteps of Horatio Nelson, who famously chose to marry his love here just over 200 years ago. With plenty of truly romantic settings, whether it be on the private beach or poolside, with the 300-year-old sugar mill as a backdrop; the team at Montpelier take great pride in planning a seamless wedding and perfect honeymoon.
- Spa & Yoga classes
- 60-foot mosaic swimming pool
- Tennis court - private lessons can also be arranged
- Cooking courses using Montpelier's herbs and local ingredients
OUT & ABOUT
- Private beach fifteen minutes drive away
- Hiking the many paths that criss cross the island or climb the Nevis Peak (3,232 feet)
- Rent bikes to explore the island
- Golf and riding close by
- Kitesurfing from December to July
WINE & DINE
- Three restaurants with inventive menus
- Wine tasting from the extensive wine cellar.
- Rum tasting