Based out of Split, Altair is special in that instead of being imported from Turkey, she was built in Croatia, with Croatian cruising especially in mind. She has many of the typical gulet trademarks but also has a unique feeling of Croatian design along with a very personable crew, most ably led by Captain Dare. Like the best Captains in the area, Dare knows the central Adriatic coastline intimately, so that you can be assured of visiting the best beaches and most attractive ports in the archipelago.
The design of the deck is in the traditional gulet style, with a well-tested layout of ample sunbathing areas in the bow and the dining area in the stern. There is additional lounging in the stern and a second seating area for sundowners up near the bowsprit.
The saloon offers additional, indoor seating and the on-board bar off which bright corridors lead to the six cabins, four with double beds and two with twin beds. All have en suite bathrooms with showers, but please note that the bathrooms attached to the twin cabins are little more basic.
The water sports equipment on board is excellent for a yacht in this price-range.
- Length: 24.5m
- Built: 2008 (refitted 2020)
- Style: Croatian-built motor-sailer
- No. Cabins: 4 x Double Cabins, 2 x Twin Cabins
- Bathrooms: 6 en-suite bathrooms
- In-cabin: 12 hours air-conditioning
- Kit: TV, DVD, CD, WIFI
- Toys: Water-ski, ringo, 2 x paddle boards, snorkelling kit, board games and cards
- Crew: Captain, chef and 2 deckhands - 4 in total
- Housekeeping: Twice weekly towel change, linen once a week