Winding your way through the scenic countryside, in proximity to some of the most picturesque villages of the Côte D'Azur - Valbonne, Châteauneuf, Opio and Grasse - you'll quickly discover why this delightful region continues to attract numerous visitors throughout the summer months. When Julia Child decided to call this her home, sourcing ingredients for her famous meals would have been top priority. Enjoy the close proximity to excellent open air markets where the savoir-vivre and gentle pace of Southern French living is present everywhere you turn. The Bastide des Oliviers, a traditional bastide (or farmhouse) was erected in the 18th century and recently renovated. Its stone façade - punctuated by soft grey shutters - lends the property a rustic charm, while the mélange of modern and old materials creates a cool, contemporary space. The luxurious interiors offer elegantly decorated spaces including a fully-equipped professional-standard kitchen which blends wood and iron, and provides a modern feel to an inevitable focus to the house. Nestled on a terraced, hillside of three hectares of olive and pine trees. South facing, sunset views are stunning and can be enjoyed from several different outdoor seating areas. Ideal as a peaceful retreat, yet close in proximity to 10 golf resorts, and the beaches of Cannes and Antibes only 15 km away ensures that there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Living area with fireplace and library.
- Exterior south facing terrace with seating for 10
- TV room with flat screen TV and DVD player
- Semi-professional kitchen with flat screen TV leading onto a terrace with barbecue area and outdoor dining area
- Bedroom 1 with Queen-size bed and ensuite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with Queen-size bed and ensuite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 3 - Master bedroom with king-size bed, a private wooden terrace, air-conditioning, and a large dressing. Ensuite bathroom with shower/bath combination. Heated towel rack and double sinks.
- Bedroom 4 - Queen size bed (can be made twin) Ensuite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 5 - Twin beds. Ensuite bathroom with shower.
The Views: South facing property with dominant position over fields, olive groves and nearby village of Plascassier. Striking sunset views from the pool located at the top of the property.
Why we like it: A contemporary renovation of an 18th century bastide which has retained every bit of charm.