Set in the heart of the Luberon region, at the doorstep of France's most beautiful villages: Menerbes, Oppede, Roussillon, Gordes and Lacoste, which are all accessible in minutes by car. The Mas des Cerisiers is a 200-year-old traditional French farmhouse, now an exquisite retreat surrounded by its own vines and cherry orchards. Summer nights in the nearby villages are abuzz with full terraces and concerts infusing an atmospheric melody in the air.
The days are quieter, cicadas hum in the background as lingering meals are enjoyed pool-side and the afternoons lazing by the pool. Locals close their shutters for the sacrosanct afternoon siesta, a time of respite from the piercing Provençal sun and a chance to rest before the evening's festivities. The villa is located on a hill benefiting from dramatic views of Mont Ventoux and the countryside. Set in 3.5 hectares of its own vineyards, and surrounded by cherry orchards, vineyards, lavender fields and woods in an area famous for picturesque off-road bike trails and walks. Mas des Cerisiers has been fully restored with great respect for the traditional materials - exposed beams, open fires, a vaulted stone kitchen, and tiled floors which create a harmonious space of comfort and charm. Country antiques and comfortable, elegant fabrics have been used to create a feeling of tasteful luxury in a tranquil setting. An arched wrought-iron gate opens on to the terraces, the impressive gardens and the large infinity swimming pool. An interior courtyard with views on the pool offers two shaded areas, one dining area with a Weber gas barbecue and the second a day bed, an ideal spot for an afternoon siesta.
- Bedroom 1: King size bed and en suite bathroom with walk-in shower and WC. Views towards the Mont Ventoux and pool.
- Bedroom 2: King size bed. Separate bathroom immediately outside the bedroom with bath and shower and WC. Similar views to Bedroom 1.
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds (or double) and en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and basin. Views on the courtyard and garden.
- Immediately outside of Bedroom 3 in the hallway is a further bathroom with a shower, and WC.
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds (or double), spacious with wooden beams and large wardrobe. Views over the garden.
- Bedroom 5: Twin beds (or double), spacious with wooden beams and large wardrobe. Views over the garden.
- Between Bedroom 4 and Bedroom 5 is located a bathroom with shower and WC.
Gardens: Traditional Provençal gardens with olive trees, fragrant lavender and stone walls draped in wisteria.
Views: Rolling countryside, vineyards, cherry orchards, dramatic mountain peaks and the nearby castle of the Marquis de Sade, perched on the top of the village of Lacoste, illuminated at night.
Why we like it: A quintessential Provençal farmhouse in the heart of the Luberon with quick access to some of the most beautiful villages in France.