The gentle giant that is the Dordogne River has carved its way through the region for tens of thousands of years, and now great cliffs border stretches of the water which flows gently below. Atop one of the cliffs, with wonderful views across the river and valley beyond, is the Chateau Falaise. The region is steeped in history: visit subterranean cave networks with paintings over 30,000 years old, or Rocamadour the town balanced on the cliff edge with its revered statue of the Black Madonna. It has long been a key stop on the pilgrim trail, and is certainly worth a visit. (20 minutes' drive from the Chateau)
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom (can be twin) with en suite bathroom and air-conditioning.
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom (can be twin) with en suite bathroom.
- Living room, Dining room, kitchen and terrace with views over the hamlet and the river.
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom (can be twin) with en suite bathroom and air-conditioning and a separate lounge with sofa bed.
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom (can be twin) with en suite bathroom and air-conditioning.
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom (only queen bed) with en suite bathroom and air-conditioning.
All of the above bedrooms can be set up as double or twin beds depending on your requirements (except one).
Why we like it: Stunning location above the river, and wonderful terraces for making the most of the views. Nearby villages and towns are interesting and exciting to explore.