A quiet little getaway, this is not, but it is hard to think of a place in the Mediterranean where there is so much on offer to suit all ages and interests. Large resorts often lack character, but the ethos of Costa Navarino is to introduce Messinia to its guests and this it does well, with some highly imaginative activities in the local area and a high proportion of the staff recruited from the immediate vicinity. The resort has 321 rooms, suites and villas, all beautifully decorated and furnished to the highest standards. Almost all ground floor rooms at the Romanos enjoy infinity pools and direct access to the beach.
The Westin Resort Costa Navarino:
- Families with children of all ages
- Hikers and water sports enthusiasts
The Romanos, A Luxury Collection Resort:
- Luxury Travellers
Things to do at the resort:
- Soak up the sun on the long private sandy beach
- Choose between nine different swimming pools, including a children's waterpark with slides
- Indulge in a treatment at the excellent Anazoe spa
- Play golf on the Bernhard Langer-designed Dunes Course or the stunning Bay Course, both 18 holes
- Kayaking, paddle boarding, kite-surfing and wind-surfing.
- Scuba dive the nearby wreck in Navarino Bay or snorkel the deep blue waters around nearby islands
- Take off for the day aboard one of the hotel's yachts
- Mountain bike through the Messinian landscape
- Hike in beautiful natural surroundings or take a philosophy walks led by a classical scholars
- Deposit children at the Sand Castle with its adjacent water park, where they can enjoy treasure hunts, beach activities and learning about the local pirates
- Try all manner of racquet sports on offer at the racquet academy, including tennis, squash, badminton, table-tennis, beach racquet and speedminton
- Play basketball, volleyball or go ten-pin bowling
- Watch a movie in the cinema over a bag of popcorn
Things to do nearby:
- Visit nearby ancient Messini and the Temple of Apollo Epicurius
- Explore several castles including Methoni, Koroni, Kalamata and Pylos
- Take part in the olive harvest
Parents with very small children will find the resort quite spread out and some facilities a bit distant, however a club car can be called to transport you around.
The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is an excellent family resort with highly practical rooms. The Romanos Resort is a more exclusive and luxurious property, but in fact all the facilities (except the Romanos pool) are shared, so talk to us about which is likely to be the most suitable hotel for you.