The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is a bit more functional than its slightly more upscale neighbour, The Romanos Resort, but both are very comfortable and they share really excellent facilities, also offering guided walks and a racquet sports academy. Family-friendly facilities include The Sand Castle playground, where even sleepovers can be arranged, and where there is a water park, a full-blown American diner, a bowling alley, a gymnasium and a cinema, and the crèche known as Cocoon, which has its own pool, sleeping hut, and team of ultra-friendly staff.
The Westin Resort Costa Navarino:
- Families with kids of all ages.
- Hikers and bikers.
- Water sports enthusiasts.
The Romanos, A Luxury Collection Resort:
- Luxury Travellers.
Things to do at The Romanos Costa Navarino:
- Soak up the sun on the long private sandy beach.
- Swim in any of 8 or 9 different pools, including a children's waterpark with slides.
- Eat and drink in any of the 20 different bars and restaurants throughout the resort, from traditional Greek, to Italian, Japanese fusion and Middle Eastern…
- Indulge in a treatment at the excellent Anazoe spa.
- Play golf on the tricky Bernhard Langer-designed Dunes Course or the stunning Bay Course, designed by Robert Trent Jr., both 18 holes.
- Kayaking, paddle boarding, kite-surfing and wind-surfing.
- Scuba dive the nearby wreck in Navarino Bay or snorkel the deep blue waters around nearby islands.
- Take off for the day aboard the hotel's yachts (sailing or motor).
- Mountain bike through the Messinian landscape or join a biking tour organised through the impressive Bike Stations.
- Hiking and walking in the local area includes Philosophy walks led by classical scholars.
- Younger children are beautifully looked after at Cocoon which is stunningly equipped and staffed.
- Older kids meet their friends at Sand Castle, with its adjacent water park, where they can enjoy treasure hunts, beach activities, learning about the local pirates and there are even overnight stay options.
- All manner of racquet sports are on offer at the racquet academy, including tennis, mini-tennis, padel, squash, badminton, table-tennis, beach racquet, beach tennis and speedminton…
- Basketball, volleyball, ten-pin bowling.
- Watch a movie in the cinema over a bag of popcorn.
Things to do nearby:
- Visit nearby ancient Messini and The Temple of Apollo Epicurius.
- Explore several excellent castles at Methoni, Koroni, Kalamata and Pylos.
- Cooking lessons in the homes of local ladies.
- Take part in the olive harvest.
Parents with very small children will find the resort quite spread out and some facilities a bit distant. Best to call a club car, in this case.
The Westin Resort Costa Navarino is an excellent family resort with highly practical rooms. The Romanos Resort is a more exclusive and luxurious property, but in fact all the facilities, except The Romanos pool, are shared, so talk to us about which is likely to be the most suitable hotel for you.