A luxurious hideaway perched on the bluffs of the Sithonian Peninsula in Halkidiki, Northern Greece, surrounded by Mediterranean pine trees, lush gardens, white sandy beaches, clean turquoise waters and azure skies. The resort's pole of attraction is a pristine 314m sandy beach. The beach is fully organised with comfortable, white daybeds, umbrellas and elegant white tents with atmospheric double beds for those who wish to enjoy more privacy.
Spread amongst the well-manicured and birdsong-filled gardens are a number of elegant buildings containing well-proportioned suites looking out to sea, and closer to the bluffs are a number of beautiful villas. The spa is small but really indulgent, and the whole property is run with a sense of calm professionalism that has been well-honed for many years.
Things to do at the property:
- Outdoor and indoor pools.
- Private sandy beach.
- Dine in one of the 3 excellent restaurants, not least The Squirrel, for seriously adventurous haute-cuisine.
- Spa offering everything from a Finnish sauna and Turkish steam bath to bathing in milk and honey.
- Beginners and Advanced yoga and Pilates classes
- Latin, Greek and Jazz dancing lessons.
- Non-motorised water sports including pedalos, canoes and windsurfers.
- Small Children's Club.
- Greek and international cooking lessons with Danai's renowned chefs.
Things to do nearby:
- Visit traditional tavernas in nearby Nikiti, also known for its impressive Macedonian architecture.
- Boat excursions up the coast or as far as Mt Athos.
- Water skiing, catamaran, banana and donut, snorkelling and scuba diving.
- Mountain bikes: Mt Itamos at Sithona has paths and dirt tracks for exploring.
- Golf: there is an 18 hole course 20 mins drive away.
Whilst children of all ages are most welcome and there is plenty for them to do, this is quite an adult-oriented resort on the whole.