Winding paths and manicured lawns within the grounds lead to the pool terrace with its heated swimming pool, sun deck and lake views. Views of the lake can also be enjoyed from the smaller al fresco dining terrace, with a larger terrace also available offering dining space for up to 26 under the shade of the pergola. Villa Maria Taglioni is one of the very few estates on Lake Como offering absolute privacy and tranquillity below the main road, lending itself perfectly to outdoor living. The option to charter a skippered Venetian Taxi offers the ultimate flexibility for lakeside dining, shopping in Bellagio and Como or visits to the historic villas and gardens at Balbianello and Melzi. One can also do as the owner does and take refreshing swims directly from the traditional stone steps into the clear water.
A short walk to the neighbouring village offers the opportunity to play a spot of tennis on the municipal courts or sample the cuisine on offer at the highly-regarded Ristorante Momi. Back at the villa, the cushioned lounge at the far side of pool is a prime spot for contemplating the lake in the evening light over a glass of wine, and taking in the ever-changing backdrop of the hills behind.
For larger groups of up to 26 guests, Villa Maria Taglioni can be rented alongside sister properly Villa Maria Serena, with exclusive use of the Ville del Lago estate.
- Music room with Steinway grand piano and access to lakeside balcony
- Intimate living room with fireplace, balcony and garden access
- Large dining room with balcony access
- Fully equipped kitchen with garden access
- Guest bathroom
- Living area with lake views (connected to Lake View North and South bedrooms.)
- Lake View North: Double bedroom (King), en suite bathroom with tub
- Lake View South: Double bedroom (King), walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom with tub
- Park View North: Double bedroom (King), en suite bathroom with tub
- Informal living / dining room with television, games area, dining table, kitchenette and guest laundry
- Lake View North: Double bedroom (King/twins), en suite bathroom with tub
- Lake View South: Double bedroom (King/twins), en suite bathroom with tub
- Park View North: Double bedroom (King/twins), en suite bathroom
- Park View South: Double bedroom (Queen bed), en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: an intriguing history, effortless style and lavish investment by the current owners has created an oasis of beauty and refinement in a highly desirable outpost of Lake Como.