Nine of the villa’s twelve guest rooms are divided between the first and second floor of the attractive main house, with a tenth to be found high in the torre vecchia, the old tower, with corresponding spectacular views. A further two rooms can be found in the attached casina, available for groups of over eighteen guests. Ample living space can be enjoyed indoors, although guests will undoubtedly be drawn to outdoor living during the summer months: lazy long lunches under the shade of the loggia, taking in the hypnotic views from the swimming pool or simply a leisurely game of bocce.
For a true immersion into traditional Tuscan life the villa is just a 15-minute drive from Panzano, where one can join in the chatter and bustle on market day, pause for an invigorating espresso and delicious pastry, before perusing the small artisanal boutiques. Within a 20-minute drive are many of the highlights of Tuscany, including the villages of Greve in Chianti, Badia e Passignano and Castellino in Chianti, with their historic piazze, lively trattorias and inviting wineries. The surrounding hills lend themselves to walking and cycling, the walk from Greve to ancient Montefioralle a particularly rewarding one. A little further afield, the medieval towers of San Gimignano, the leaning tower of Pisa, and the Renaissance city of Florence are all easily accessible for day trips.
- Large living area opening to garden
- Spacious dining room, partially open to kitchen and dining pergola
- Open-plan fully equipped kitchen
- Guest bathroom
- Courtyard with covered loggia and large dining table
- Cinema with tiered, cushioned seating and a selection of English-language films
- Ramerino : Double bedroom (queen) with views over the vineyards. Ideal for parents wanting to be near children in bedrooms Sirena and Tropicale.
- Sirena: Double bedroom (twin beds)
- Tropicale: Single room on mezzanine level suitable for one child (or two smaller children)
- Bathroom with shower
- Brunello Suite: Double bedroom (queen), en suite bathroom with shower, separate living area
- Rustica Suite: Double bedroom (king), en suite bathroom with shower, separate living area
- TV room with satellite television and DVD player
- Library and honesty bar
- Bellavista Suite: Double bedroom (king), en suite bathroom with shower, separate living area
- Torre Nuova: Double bedroom (queen), en suite bathroom with shower
- Edera: Double bedroom (king)
- Blue: Double bedroom (king or twin beds)
- Bathroom with shower
- Guest laundry room
- Living room
- Torre Vecchia (accessed by open staircase): double bedroom (king), en suite bathroom with shower, open beams and spectacular views.
CASINA (for rentals of 18+)
- Blu: Double bedroom (queen)
- Rosa: Double bedroom (twin beds)
WHY WE LIKE IT: The views of the Chianti hills from Ca Di Pesa are just sublime, in a region that calls for exploration and Tuscan adventures.