At just half a mile from your front door, with shops that are full of deliciously good olive oil and a selection of very palatable local wines, the diminutive village of Ponte a Moriano is very convenient to have on your doorstep. There's a tennis club, café and train station for venturing further. The property is very private, with its own heated swimming pool (extra charges apply), walled gardens and a full time manager living close by on the estate. Six miles down the road is one of Tuscany's great treasures, the delightful city of Lucca with its rich history, handsome churches and excellent restaurants.
The villa is made up of two converted farmhouses a few metres from each other across an orchard of fruit trees and vines. The smaller property can accommodate six guests, the larger ten. The property's origins lie in wine and flour milling, but now converted they have been turned into a superb holiday villa. The 13 x 6m swimming pool, with its own shower room is gated and is protected by a stone wall, making it safe for young children. It's an excellent base for exploring the Renaissance centres of Florence, Pisa, Siena and Lucca, or heading out to the beaches of the Viareggio or Forte dei Marmi.
VILLA GRANDE (Sleeps 10)
- Bedroom 1: Queen, four poster bed, en suite bathroom with shower, walk in closet, outside staircase access (as well as interior access)
- Bedroom 2: Twin (can be made into King). Shares bathroom (with tub) with bedroom 3
- Bedroom 3: Twin, shares bathroom with bedroom 2
- Bedroom 4: King, en suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 5: Twin (can be made into King), en suite bathroom with shower
VILLA PICCOLA (Sleeps 6)
- Bedroom 6: Double with queen size bed, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7: Twin (can be made into King), shares bathroom with shower and tub with bedroom 8
- Bedroom 8: Twin, shares bathroom with shower and tub with bedroom 7