Oliveto is a comfortable and refined country home, perfect for those who wish to experience the luxury of a charming, peaceful retreat in the Tuscan hills. The villa is exceptional in its position, set into the terraced hillside of an extensive olive grove and opening on to lawns edged with rose, lavender and rosemary. A feeling of off-the-beaten-track but only a short distance from a well-paved road, the villa faces southeast and enjoys far-reaching, light-filled views of the magnificent surrounding countryside.
The well-presented accommodation is divided between the main house, a light-filled limonaia, and a separate, independent cottage accessed directly from the gardens. Rooms are light and comfortably furnished in a traditional Tuscan style. A lovely outdoor terrace with shaded pergola is perfect for leisurely dining and relaxation, and a delightful spot from which to enjoy the magical evening light enshroud the town of Citta della Pieve across the valley. A wide, flat lawn is spacious enough for ball games and play, while a fragrant rose garden offers an alternative dining option, and stairs to an upper terrace with swimming pool.
Located close to the popular town of Cetona, the villa is well-located for exploring Tuscany. Florence, Orvieto and Arezzo are all within easy reach for day trips, as well as the classic wine villages of Montepulciano and Montalcino in the Val d'Orcia. Nearby Chiusi, with handy train station, is home to the finest Etruscan museum in Italy.
MAIN HOUSE - GROUND FLOOR
- Dining room opening to terrace
- Living room with satellite TV & working fireplace
MAIN HOUSE - FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 1: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom
- Living room opening to balcony
- Bedroom 2: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, en suite bathroom
- Covered terrace, kitchenette
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, en suite bathroom, dressing room
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, en suite bathroom, dressing room
- Bedroom 6: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 7: King-sized or twin beds, en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: a charming property, in a lovely location, with the attractions of Tuscany within easy reach, including Florence, Siena and Montepulciano.